Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,467

2 members and 3,465 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES -- Are You Experiencing Any?

Over the last few months, we've been getting more and more complaints about a variety of technical difficulties with BP.net. More often than not, the complaint will be something along the lines of "I can't see threads", without any additional information, which makes it impossible for us to actually address the problem.

The biggest challenge for us, though, is the fact that these issues are very sporadic. One person can't see pictures using a tablet with Chrome, but another person with the same rig can.

SO, the point of this thread is to try to help figure out what these various issues may have in common. To do that, we NEED your information!

1. What, exactly, is the problem you are having?

2. How does that problem present itself? (Blank page? Broken picture icons? Error message?)

3. If you're seeing an error message, please quote it here, or show a screen shot.

4. Any relevant screen shots of what you are experiencing can be helpful.

5. What platform are you using to log into the site? Desktop? (PC or Mac?) Laptop (PC or Mac?) Tablet (brand) Phone (type) or other?

6. What browser and/or app are you using to view the site?

7. Do you have access to multiple methods for logging in? (ie: a phone and a desktop at home, or a work computer and a tablet at home, or whatever)

8. If you use different platforms and/or different browsers/apps, have you noticed a different experience with your particular technical issue? Please describe.

9. How long have you experienced this technical problem? Were you able to fully use the site before this problem cropped up, or has it always been that way? Did you change anything about your browsing tools before the problem occurred?

10. Please give us any other information you can about your experience that may be helpful in tracking down the source(s) of these difficulties.

IF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT USED TO REGULARLY FREQUENT THE SITE AND NO LONGER DOES SO BECAUSE OF ISSUES LIKE THIS, PLEASE SEE IF THEY CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FOR US. WE'D LOVE TO HAVE THEM BACK AND HAVE OUR SITE FULLY FUNCTIONAL FOR OUR ENTIRE USER BASE!!

Thank you!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I run into little errors on my PC desktop from time to time, but nothing major. For example, when I sign in, the screen tells me that my sign in was invalid... but if I click on the 'Home' page, it shows that I actually am signed in. Or sometimes when I log on it shows me as not signed in, but if I refresh, it shows that I am signed in.

The only real issue I have is when I try to view BP.net on my phone (through the Chrome browser, not Tapatalk). It allows me to sign in, but whether I am signed in or not, it does not let me view threads. If I click on a thread, it tells me that the thread has been removed or I do not have permission to access it (but I can see it on my computer). I haven't really explored Tapatalk because I don't think it lets you sign in on your BP.net username?

Thanks
    The last few weeks I have been having issues on chrome. I have to use Firefox. Every time I click a thread link I get a 502 Bad Gateway error so I can't read it or anything.

Thanks

Re: TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES -- Are You Experiencing Any?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    The last few weeks I have been having issues on chrome. I have to use Firefox. Every time I click a thread link I get a 502 Bad Gateway error so I can't read it or anything.
    Same issue for me with chrome. I fix it by clearing my all my history back a day.

Thanks

I've had this issue two or three times, now. This will show up for pretty well all threads, but I can view a few. It does not stop until i delete Tapatalk and download it again. It's also only Tapatalk I have an issue with, so probably Tapatalk that actually is the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fraido; 11-25-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks

It stopped when I downloaded the update on the iphone app. The weird thing was it would say this on my postings but post anyway, leading to annoying everyone with multiple postings

Thanks

After using the tapatalk to access the forums. It will get stuck laoding the topics i try to access. I end up uninstalling tapatalk and reinstalling for it to work for another few days before it happenes again.

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post

I've had this issue two or three times, now. This will show up for pretty well all threads, but I can view a few. It does not stop until i delete Tapatalk and download it again. It's also only Tapatalk I have an issue with, so probably Tapatalk that actually is the issue?

When this happens when I use tapatalk I just have to clear the cache in the little settings area and it fixes it every time most of the issues with tapatalk can be solved by clearing the cache.
    Last edited by AlexisFitzy; 11-25-2014 at 11:54 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexisFitzy For This Useful Post:

JLC (11-26-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisFitzy View Post
    When this happens when I use tapatalk I just have to clear the cache in the little settings area and it fixes it every time most of the issues with tapatalk can be solved by clearing the cache.
    Ahhhhh!!! The only time I have problems here is on tapatalk on my phone. So far I've not had trouble on the computer. Thanks for the tip!
    BPs - Lots
    Corn Snake - One.
    Retic

Fuzzies
    Dog Cat Mice rats

Offspring - 10 plus grand-offspring 0.0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BPSnakeLady For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (11-26-2014)

Thanks

I will have to try that next time it happens! Thank you.

Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (11-26-2014)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast