Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,404

4 members and 3,400 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Are these photos good enough?

Working with a new camera and I'm still learning big time. If I were selling these snakes would these photos be good enough for potential buyers? I think I should photograph the best I can to sell to people. Bad photos are just a turn off. Please give suggestions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Starsnake For This Useful Post:

Rob (11-21-2014)

Thanks

Re: Are these photos good enough?

These are some great glamor shots! As a buyer, my only request would be to have the entire snake in focus. I personally would want to see scale detail from nose to tail. So maybe try increasing the aperature and extending your range of focus so the background part of the snake isn't so fuzzy. Otherwise looks good! Nice, true coloring.
    0.1 Butter Pastel - Gloria

Thanks

I think they look great. I like the lighting and the poses. I would love to see a few more Also, as a person who wants to buy another snake in the future, I would definitely check out your babies.

Thanks

Thanks. I've been working with my new camera and fighting with depth of field. These photos were taken with auto everything. I agree with getting the entire snake in focus. What do you think about the shadows?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Since I try my best to buy the best looking example of whatever morph I'm in the market for, having full-body pics helps so much! Even if the color of the photo is a little off, if you can see the entire pattern, and distinguish what the color of the snake actually is (hopefully you've done research and have an idea of what a great example should look like), then I think it's a good photo. The first photo wouldn't necessarily sell the snake to me. Although it shows a great section of the snake (perfect banding, high orange up the side), there's still a lot to see!

Here's some photos by Rick Schlosser that were all I needed to see to make me confident that this is a top-shelf example of the morph I'm buying .

https://www.facebook.com/HooblahRept...99723976831688

https://www.facebook.com/HooblahRept...e=3&permPage=1

And this pic by from Calen Davidson was really all I needed to see that this snake had everything I want in the combo:
    https://www.facebook.com/HooblahRept...99724063498346
    Last edited by h00blah; 11-21-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks

Ok great pointers. Guess I got a little artsy and was worried about showing the head too much. Need to work a little higher over the animal.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

I truly suck at taking photo's of my snakes.

With the "for sale" pictures I tend to apply different definitions of a good picture - basically I want to capture the actual look of the snake for the buyer. I'd like it to also be in focus if possible.

With some of the more subtle morphs like enchi this means I have to change the background colours I use as a really dark background can make the snake look far better than it does to the naked eye in natural sunlight conditions.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Great photos. Nicely done. I would, however, recommend a few pics of each snake, rather than just one, if you're trying to sell.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...