Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,134

3 members and 3,131 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Thanks
    So manager at petsmart told me they get all their BP's in about a month after their first shed. So that puts Kaa at about 2 months give or take if he is correct because I got him two days after they got them in. So his weight is slightly low I think, without knowing if he was a small egg or not.

Also he said they do feed all snakes f/t but that ever since they started "radiating" the f/t he has noticed snakes in their stores being more hesitant to eat (apparently he's managed multiple stores for a good while.)

so at least I have a ballpark age range to go on for weight. And as a side note: they had a pied! It was gorgeous and I'm lucky I'm dead broke or it would have come home with me. Unfortunately it also had visible mites. I got into the manager about that and he stated they have a problem controlling the mites but that he would handle the situation...
    0.0.1 Pastel (Kaa)
    1.0 Beardie (Puff)

Thanks
    Oh good - he's small, yeah, but him being so young makes it not quite as scary little!

and they had a PIED?! How much?! I LOVE pied balls, I didn't know pet stores carried them at all! I would have been in trouble had I seen that (or rather, my bank account would have!)

What is "radiating" the food?

Thanks
    The baby petsmart Pied. Poor thing :/

0.0.1 Pastel (Kaa)
    1.0 Beardie (Puff)

Thanks

Re: New owner and site member, BP Dehydrated from store.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    Oh good - he's small, yeah, but him being so young makes it not quite as scary little!

and they had a PIED?! How much?! I LOVE pied balls, I didn't know pet stores carried them at all! I would have been in trouble had I seen that (or rather, my bank account would have!)

What is "radiating" the food?
    Yes! Were I not broke! It's my overall favorite morph...want. It was $300

and apparently the supplier petsmart uses radiates their f/t to kill salmonella? Idk it sounds weird but I'd be worried about feeding radiated animals to other animals so I don't know how true that is. Maybe he's confused.
    0.0.1 Pastel (Kaa)
    1.0 Beardie (Puff)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karokash View Post
    Yes! Were I not broke! It's my overall favorite morph...want. It was $300

and apparently the supplier petsmart uses radiates their f/t to kill salmonella? Idk it sounds weird but I'd be worried about feeding radiated animals to other animals so I don't know how true that is. Maybe he's confused.
    Was it male or female? If it is a female, take out a small loan and buy that snake. You can give it a way better home than Petsmart, and treating it for Mites won't be that bad. I could give you a step-by-step mite killing walkthrough that's proven to kill them. Seriously though, they're crazy for selling that pied for only $300. I'm sure you know the prices of Pieds usually, but $300 is a killer deal and if I lived in Louisiana, I'd buy that snake in a heartbeat; mites or no mites.
    1.0 Vanilla (Akeda)
    1.0 Bumblebee (Silas)
    0.1 Albino (Cleo)
    0.1 Lesser Yellowbelly (Cambria)
    0.1 Lesser (Athena)

Thanks

Also, if anyone who is selling Pied's is looking at this thread, PM me because I'm interested in females. Age doesnt matter; in fact, I have only ever purchased snakes under 2 months old.
    1.0 Vanilla (Akeda)
    1.0 Bumblebee (Silas)
    0.1 Albino (Cleo)
    0.1 Lesser Yellowbelly (Cambria)
    0.1 Lesser (Athena)

Thanks
    You know, for anybody reading this thread, it was my birthday in October, and I DO love me some Pied snakes...

What an insane deal. When you have the $$ you should go check to see if its still there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    You know, for anybody reading this thread, it was my birthday in October, and I DO love me some Pied snakes...

What an insane deal. When you have the $$ you should go check to see if its still there.
    Oh I absolutely will be. Fortunately we don't have a very large herp community here so I don't see it being sold soon. Honestly I'm more worried about them shipping it off for the mites because they don't want to work on it. As for the money, I have a $900 truck mechanic bill and a $2,000 best buy card that I'd need to pay off before it would be logical to spend money on anything else :/ stupid responsibilities. But oh yes. As soon as I get out from under this financial rock that pied is the top of my list. Hopefully I can figure out how to confidently offer it a home by then. But with all your help I think I should be able to by the time I could afford it. I can't go back into petsmart while it's there. I am so heartbroken at not being able to get it. My dream morph and for a steal....so so sad.
    0.0.1 Pastel (Kaa)
    1.0 Beardie (Puff)

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Karokash View Post
    Grats on the new deal.

And I just weighed Kaa for the first time since I got him and, although i'm sure it's still just me freaking out, he's only weighing in at 77g...I have no idea how old he actually is but that sounds extremely low to me.I'm attempting another feeding tonight and I'm praying to everything I know that he takes it; if he does i'll start feeding him every 5 days and record his weight change. Still working on this shed too but please someone tell me I don't have to be scared of this weight reading.

I apologize for the necessity of all these reassurances.
    I have a make Mojave that we had to asst feed for a while. He was born in August sometime. He is a little guy super small. I think he says 68grams. I feed him once a week. He now feeds great on his own. And he drinks plenty of water. At least I assume so. The water cup is empty about every 4 days. He's an awesome little guy

Sent from iPhone 5 using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Solarsoldier001 For This Useful Post:

Karokash (11-25-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    I have a make Mojave that we had to asst feed for a while. He was born in August sometime. He is a little guy super small. I think he says 68grams. I feed him once a week. He now feeds great on his own. And he drinks plenty of water. At least I assume so. The water cup is empty about every 4 days. He's an awesome little guy

Sent from iPhone 5 using tapatalk
    Good to know. Well since he fed today i'm not as worried about his actual weight as long as I can start seeing some gain, even if it's slight at first. So time will tell.
    0.0.1 Pastel (Kaa)
    1.0 Beardie (Puff)

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast