Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,071

6 members and 1,065 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
    Thanks

experience with Exo Terra Heat Wave UTH

As you can imagine from the title I'm wondering if any of you have used this? I just bought one for my 20 gallon. Haven't applied it yet. It says it's 16 watts. I thought it'd work better than the thick UTH I have now - it's heat tape, so it'll fit over the thermostat probe a bit better I think.

So, anybody use it? Can I use packing tape to stick it to the bottom? I hear they're impossible to remove if you actually use the adhesive on there. I don't have any foil tape. I could order some but I'd love to get this set up quickly. Or course I will if packing tape won't do.

Any input about it would be great!

Thanks
    Just gonna bump this quick to get a bit more visibility if some people hadn't seen it.

To those who HAVEN'T used this brand but have used heat tape, can you give advice on the tape to stick it to the tank? Can I use packing tape? Or would that get too hot?

Thanks

Re: experience with Exo Terra Heat Wave UTH

Foil tape is the only thing that will really work. You don't need to order some. Most hardware stores carry it. I've used the heat wave before. Never had too much trouble with them actually.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I am using two of them right now one with a zoomed thermostat for my corn snake and one with my bp with a herpstat intro thermostat. So far i like them, but i would never use it without the thermostat, they tend to run a little hot like110 if not controlled.