Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

3 members and 3,305 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

New to the site. Just wanted to say hi.

Hi, I would just like to introduce myself to this everyone. I have been browsing this site for months and finally set up an account. I'm from Arizona so I have had many experiences with snakes as a child. I have always been fascinated with these amazing creatures. I fell in love with ball pythons because of all the different morphs and possibilities. I have always loved genetics so breeding is a very exciting step for me. I'm still learning but it feels like I have found another life long passion.

I am somewhat new to the trade. I have had my original first snake for the past five years trying find out what works for me and trying to learn everything that I can about these amazing creatures. Over the past year I have went from one ball python to four. I know it doesn't seem like much but it is an addiction for me.

I have one baby male lemon pastel, one baby female cinnamon. One breeder ready female yellow belly, and one breeder ready male normal.

I hate to ask such a nub question. (New to the site but I love it already. So much wisdom here.) What does the 1.0 numbers mean before the listed snake in some peoples sig?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Crimson Moon V For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (10-13-2014)

Thanks

Re: New to the site. Just wanted to say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Moon V View Post
    Hi, I would just like to introduce myself to this everyone. I have been browsing this site for months and finally set up an account. I'm from Arizona so I have had many experiences with snakes as a child. I have always been fascinated with these amazing creatures. I fell in love with ball pythons because of all the different morphs and possibilities. I have always loved genetics so breeding is a very exciting step for me. I'm still learning but it feels like I have found another life long passion.

I am somewhat new to the trade. I have had my original first snake for the past five years trying find out what works for me and trying to learn everything that I can about these amazing creatures. Over the past year I have went from one ball python to four. I know it doesn't seem like much but it is an addiction for me.

I have one baby male lemon pastel, one baby female cinnamon. One breeder ready female yellow belly, and one breeder ready male normal.

I hate to ask such a nub question. (New to the site but I love it already. So much wisdom here.) What does the 1.0 numbers mean before the listed snake in some peoples sig?
    1.0 stands for male 0.1 stands for female. Welcome to the site and the addiction. I started with one and then before i knew it i had 18 now im back to just 4 bp and a few other snakes and lizards dont jump into it and go crazy like i did it got overwhelming quick. Had to sell off most of my collection and im perfectly happy with the 4 i have now

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by bigt0006; 10-12-2014 at 11:48 PM.
    1.1yellow belly
    1.0 desert enchi
    1.0 pastel
    1.0 het russo
    1.0 lemon pastel
    0.1 spider
    2.0 normal

1.0 striped corn
    0.1.0 normal corn

1.0 columbian rianbow boa
    1.0 super hypo bci

0.2 leopard geckos

0.1.0 water dragon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bigt0006 For This Useful Post:

Crimson Moon V (10-13-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigt0006 View Post
    1.0 stands for male 0.1 stands for female. Welcome to the site and the addiction. I started with one and then before i knew it i had 18 now im back to just 4 bp and a few other snakes and lizards dont jump into it and go crazy like i did it got overwhelming quick. Had to sell off most of my collection and im perfectly happy with the 4 i have now

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for the advice. If it was up to me I would already have 20 snakes. Luckily my girlfriend won't let that happen. I also have 2 cats and a dog so it is a good thing I'm not getting ahead of myself.

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Welcome! Pictures!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    So many Arizona members on here - myself included! Welcome! What part of the state do you call home?
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    So many Arizona members on here - myself included! Welcome! What part of the state do you call home?
    I live in north phx. Yeah this is a huge state for ball python owners and snakes in general. Its a good and a bad thing. The market is saturated with lots of sketchy snake dealers out here. Lots of reputable breeders out here though. You just have to know where to look.

Sorry guys don't have means to post pics yet. Soon though!
    We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.-Bill Hicks.

1.0 Lemon Pastel
    0.1 cinnamon
    0.1 Yellow belly
    1.0 normal

Thanks

Welcome friend!