Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,537

1 members and 3,536 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Help Please!

Thanks
    Also these snakes are worth maybe 40-50$, Specially with health conditions! You're doing your best and its all you can do! Take one at a time! Hey get this lil one up to par Sell it buy the 2 from him, and then you can give them away! As said I'd possibly be willing to help donate to cover some vet fee's If proved of course, id have no problem helping a fellow herper =) and youve done alot and came along way, possibly even reducing the vet cost 10 fold!

Thanks
    Cheers to you Fraido for doing all you can for these little guys; you should be proud of the work you've done and the care you've given.

Aminals and humans... interesting that such intelligent creatures can know so little about caring for the less-intelligent.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heeltoeclutch For This Useful Post:

Fraido (10-19-2014),Spartacus12 (10-19-2014)

Thanks

Re: Help Please!

The encouragement and what-not is much appreciated guys. It's so frustrating. I wouldn't feel right letting you guys help out with any kind of vet bills.. I'll have to call and see what I would be looking at if I can possibly do this.
    I wish I was able to buy the snake off of him, but he wouldn't do that. I would need money to buy the snake.. he also lives in the same house as me, sooo..

Thanks a lot guys.
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Spartacus12 (10-19-2014)

Thanks

Oh and added on to all of this, I think she may have an RI.. UGH. That, I don't think I can do anything for. He's got the three snakes in a rack system, and I can't QT them, so they're all still in their tubs.. but there's no heat source! So if she's got an RI, I can't help her there. I wish he would just come to his senses, and realize that the snakes' lives are more important than him making some cash off of them!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Spartacus12 (10-19-2014)

Thanks

That's so sad... I can look for vets in Peterborough possibly willing to help on Monday. Emergency vets are very expensive!
    I know you feel bad for some of the words I've said, maybe a rude awakening will help him. Corns are not worth much, proven breeder or not. Prove it and what he's bred with it, they are not super fancy snakes it seems to me.
    I pray they don't die before they get help seeing he won't look into rescue. I personally would contact animal care, even if it was my father. He's trying to make a buck off sick animals it's not right!
    I can also try and help to find a rescue and maybe they will come out and talk sense to him, I'll provide the details of any findings.
    Vet care costs - it's easy for me and/or anyone else to pay the vet directly with a credit card so we know the money's going to help the snakes.
    QT is super easy, dollar store even has tubs you can temporarily use as long as they are separated and have necessities they need.

Did you say the snakes currently don't have any heat source ??? :S
    2013 Male Pastel het Red Axanthic "Spartacus"
    2014 Female Pink Toe Tarantula Ketcha"
    1989 Female Wife "Babygirl"

Thanks

GNP reptile rescue &
    reptile rescue

Both in or near Peterborough
    Both on Facebook. Contact them on there. It doesn't hurt to see if they can help in anyway. It's imperative these snakes get help and proper care. !! ... Asap. Your doing your best but as you said there's no more you can do. Maybe have them come out and speak to your dad, give him a wake up call about what will happen to the snakes, he won't even get a chance to sell them if they don't get better. If he sells a sick snake and it dies on a person - they will haunt him down most likely.
    There's snakes out there worth wayyyyy more that people give away without a thought to save their lives. He needs to think of the snakes not money. That's horrible.

Let us know what these rescue think and I'll try and find a vet Monday. As I said before, visit to vet is about 70-80$ - and 12.70 a shot possibly needs (10-12) which would help with the RI too. I'll be willing to help.

Good luck! Please keep updates on the corn(s) if any changes

Thanks

CHAMPLAIN ANIMAL HOSPITAL
    2673 LAKEFIELD ROAD, Peterborough
    +1 (705) 742-4243

OTONABEE ANIMAL HOSPITAL
    3881 WALLACE POINT, Peterborough
    +1 (705) 743-4936

Cavan Hills Veterinary Services
    303 Hwy 7A, Cavan, ON
    +1 (705) 944-5776

Norwood Veterinary Services
    4248 Hwy 7, Norwood, ON K0L 2V0
    +1 (705) 243-9275

Thanks

Help Please!

Cavan Hills is the vet I was talking about looking into, I haven't done that as of yet, I was away for the weekend and my father was to be applying the betadine.
    Yep, they have no heat source. v_v I don't think they ever have.
    I live in Norwood, and I am pretty sure they don't do reptiles. I will stop in there after school tomorrow, and I will ask them about it. I can't call with my cell phone, I will do my best to get my father to call those places. -on another note, I don't use Facebook.

As for the corns' status. The ghost's mouthrot was looking much better. Her mouth looks pretty well normal, and that makes it more difficult to apply the betadine! The other two looked healthy from what I can tell, I looked in their mouths. Aside from not being as plump and full of food as they should be, and lacking a heat source, I think they might be okay.
    Last edited by Fraido; 10-19-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks

This is her currently, she seems to be doing well. I'll try to get a good look in her mouth tomorrow, and maybe a picture. It's difficult.
    I really must applaud her for how she has been this entire time. Not once has she hissed at me, tried to bite me, or even rattled her tail around. She has been so good! Generally she was fairly aggressive and you couldn't even get her out of the tub without using something to cover your hands. I know about two months ago maybe, I tried taking her out and she latched onto my sweater and did not feel like letting go. So I'm very pleased with her attitude throughout this!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Sammiebob (10-19-2014)

Thanks

She looks fantastic!! I think that she knows that you're helping her so she isn't being aggressive. You're doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work!!
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 Arg. Tegu
    0.1 Egyptian Uromastyx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammiebob For This Useful Post:

Fraido (10-19-2014)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast