Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,146

2 members and 3,144 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Help Please!

Thanks

Re: Help Please!

True say.
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks

I hope she's doing better!

Thanks

I believe she is, I will be attempting a small meal in a couple days. (:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fraido For This Useful Post:

Spartacus (10-16-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I hope she's doing better!
    Which vet in london on do you go to, Most around here, iv found look at BP's as if they are rock pythons, Iv always gone out 40mins or so.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CORBIN911 For This Useful Post:

Spartacus12 (10-16-2014)

Thanks

Help Please!

Quote Originally Posted by CORBIN911 View Post
    Which vet in london on do you go to, Most around here, iv found look at BP's as if they are rock pythons, Iv always gone out 40mins or so.
    Byron animal clinic in Byron

They have been absolutely amazing and Spartacus is I'd say 90% better already because their care. I go again tomorrow for another shot and to check his skin after his shed.

King animal clinic sees reptiles but I've never gone it seems to always be a problem with scheduling.
    Last edited by Spartacus; 10-16-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by albinos_rule View Post
    How about instead of spout about how much people shouldn't own snakes we try to educate them about proper care. We were all clueless oafs at one time who didn't have a clue

I've seen people on this forum slam others for not knowing how to keep humidity, I've read people telling someone they are horrible owners for using glass tanks as they are for "fish" and shouldn't own animals.

Someone already gave her excellent advice how to care for the snake that needs treatment. I also did give my input on pricing IF she came across extra cash she would know the numbers, or an idea.

I was simply stating my opinion which I'm entitled to, it's a forum for that reason. She said all these things herself I simply re iterated it back into my opinion in which I was agreeing with her statements about improper care. I also was giving ideas about re homing, rescue, place ad on kijiji for this or what not.

I apologize to Fraido if she thought I was attacking her, I wasn't. My comment "praise you for helping" Etc, should of shown I was speaking in regards to this snakes owner.

I'm not apologizing for caring about this helpless corn, who only has Fraido to help which she's doing her best as I've also said, who's owner neglects all the snakes in his care. After recent visits to my vet with my snake, he told me how much he sees people neglect and only bring them in when half dead instead of making necessary changing and precautions to avoid certain infections etc. It irritates me to no limit when people neglect their animals.

I'm allowed to have my opinion. I wish I could pay for this snake to get help. But I highly doubt she lived in ontario/ canada at that.

Fraido was given all the necessary information already once again, there's no more anyone can help with unless she asks specifics like the mouth stuck shut.

Once again. Good job with her!
    2013 Male Pastel het Red Axanthic "Spartacus"
    2014 Female Pink Toe Tarantula Ketcha"
    1989 Female Wife "Babygirl"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    I believe she's still improving. To prevent her mouth from closing shut, I've been putting some all natural vitamin E cream just on the very edge of her mouth. I don't think it will harm her, but if anybody would like to tell me whether it actually would or not, this is it:

How is this working? If it's not working I would try Vit e capsules broken might work too the oil base would help with the sticking.
    2013 Male Pastel het Red Axanthic "Spartacus"
    2014 Female Pink Toe Tarantula Ketcha"
    1989 Female Wife "Babygirl"

Thanks

Funny, I do live in Ontario. Haha. I know there is an emergency vet 15 minutes from Peterborough, which I live close to. I saw something online that says they will deal with reptiles, but I don't know that for sure. If you know of a vet close to Peterborough by any chance, I am considering asking my boyfriend if he'd be willing to help me out. He doesn't get paid much though. If he can, I'm going to call the vet I mentioned and see about that.
    Since I've been applying the vitamin E stuff, her mouth hasn't been sticking together, fortunately.
    My dad hasn't read any of this, it would honestly make me feel a little bit bad if he did, because he wouldn't feel too good reading anything people (including myself) have said. He's not a bad person, he's just making a terrible choice to not look after the snakes the way they need to be looked after.
    It frustrates me because I asked him if I could please put up an ad (as a rescue, of course, I'm not going to try and pawn off my "healthy" snakes to someone), and he said he wants to wait until they're a bit healthier because he wants to SELL them. Ugh! They're not going to get any better until they're TAKEN CARE OF.. PROPERLY! And he expects ME to be looking after them, I am expected to be applying the medication, which I had to get my aunt to give me money for, I don't see him doing anything. It's so incredibly frustrating. You can't make everything about money, some things are more important, and in this case it is the snakes' health. *sigh*

Thanks

Ughh.. and it's even more frustrating that he gets angry at me because I'm giving him a hard time about wanting to actually sell the corn snakes. It's just two amels (male and female), and the ghost girl who's dealing with the mouthrot, and he's going on about how they're worth more than what he had paid for them because they're proven breeders (he bred the two amels a few years ago, successully). He can't even remember what he paid for them. But they're still just corn snakes! I love all snakes, but I know that not many people are going to pay much for corn snakes. Especially these guys considering the condition they're in. UGH.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus12 View Post
    I've seen people on this forum slam others for not knowing how to keep humidity, I've read people telling someone they are horrible owners for using glass tanks as they are for "fish" and shouldn't own animals.

Someone already gave her excellent advice how to care for the snake that needs treatment. I also did give my input on pricing IF she came across extra cash she would know the numbers, or an idea.

I was simply stating my opinion which I'm entitled to, it's a forum for that reason. She said all these things herself I simply re iterated it back into my opinion in which I was agreeing with her statements about improper care. I also was giving ideas about re homing, rescue, place ad on kijiji for this or what not.

I apologize to Fraido if she thought I was attacking her, I wasn't. My comment "praise you for helping" Etc, should of shown I was speaking in regards to this snakes owner.

I'm not apologizing for caring about this helpless corn, who only has Fraido to help which she's doing her best as I've also said, who's owner neglects all the snakes in his care. After recent visits to my vet with my snake, he told me how much he sees people neglect and only bring them in when half dead instead of making necessary changing and precautions to avoid certain infections etc. It irritates me to no limit when people neglect their animals.

I'm allowed to have my opinion. I wish I could pay for this snake to get help. But I highly doubt she lived in ontario/ canada at that.

Fraido was given all the necessary information already once again, there's no more anyone can help with unless she asks specifics like the mouth stuck shut.

Once again. Good job with her!

If you wanted to pay theres many ways of making donations.... Just a thought!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast