Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,421

1 members and 3,420 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Exclamation Ball python skin and weight question with pictures

Fellow BP keepers,

I got this Spider het Ghost ball python (i called her Nami) 2 weeks ago from the NARBC the breeder told me that she is 3 months old but i think she is too skinny, the reason why i think this is because ive seen other 3month snakes that are bigger than mine
    what do u guys think is she too skinny for her age or is she ok?

Also im worried about her skin its seems to be a little wrinkled on its neck and all her body
    even on her head i had another normal ball and he didnt had this type of skin

I posted some pictures so you guys can see the skin and also her body so you can tell me is she is losing weight and if you think she is losing weight what can i do to solve this (right now i dont know her weight)

thank you

Thanks
    The skin looks like mine does when he's just about to shed. Make sure her humidity is ~75% and keep an eye on her for a couple days. For her weight I think you're not supposed to see any triangular shapes on her back (which would be the spine poking out) but I'm not really sure what weight she should be.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    There is no guideline for weight vs age, because ball pythons all grow at different rates for various reasons. Your bp looks healthy, it doesn't look overly skinny. It does, however, look like it's about to shed.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks

Re: Ball python skin and weight question with pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles1101 View Post
    There is no guideline for weight vs age, because ball pythons all grow at different rates for various reasons. Your bp looks healthy, it doesn't look overly skinny. It does, however, look like it's about to shed.
    Thank you for your reply i will keep an eye on her this is gonna be my first shed cycle ever
    im nervous now