Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,290

3 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    My best buddy and business partner Josh is thinking about getting two cresties. He prefers that they be different colors. I'm trying to talk him into registering here. The best price we can find in Nashville area is 80 bucks a pop which I told him was steep. Anyways I just have the general questions that any new crestie person would have (save for food - I understand that well now!) I'm gonna go read the sheet but basically I'm looking for suggestions on 1 permanent enclosure and 1 traveler perhaps. He is a college student like me and spends summers at home... How could one transport two cresties on a two or three hour car trip? Also is it possible to have two cresties that won't fight or breed? That would be ideal. How would you reccomend we build a permanent (well... less mobile) enclosure for two? Thanks guys!

EDIT: Ideally this enclosure would meet all requirements but not be too large as our abodes are not that spacious.
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Thanks

Day Geckos

Oh yeah.. what are the dimensions of a 29 gal tall? What are the dimensions of a large critter keeper? Where can I get a large critter keeper?

Thanks
    Definitely check out the caresheet and give me feedback if it doesn't cover everything or is difficult to understand or something. A 29 tall is 12"x30"x18" normally. You can fit cresties into fairly narrow spaces, but they need the height. A large critter keeper is about 14" long and can commonly be found at PetCo and similar stores, but you can use Sterilites or similar as long as you ventilate them well. To transport cresties for a couple of hours, put them in a critter keeper or similar and secure it in the floorboard for the trip, or put them in deli cups with holes and paper toweling.

To have two cresties that won't fight or breed, either get a pair of females or get a hatchling pair and separate them if just one starts to develop "cresticles." If neither or both do, you should be fine as long as you don't introduce a female if they're both male. See if you can't make it to a show to pick some up -- you're missing the Tinley show this weekend if you don't go home -- and you'll pay less and get to pick them in person.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

how many gallons is a 36x18x12 tank

excellent advice. Thank you very much Marla! Care sheet looks great by the way I love the common ailments section and the pictures are fantastic! Nicely done - the only confusing thing was lack of dimensions of the above items.

Thanks again!
    Jonah

Thanks
    thanks for the feedback, Jonah! I'll edit it to reflect the dimensions. I'll also be shrinking the larger pics a bit so they fit better. I hope you or your friend will be posting pics and reports on those cresties once he gets them.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks

Sorry I haven't been on I've been distracted.

Marla = teh crestie mastermind
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    I wish! If i were, my cat would never have succeeded in her crestie-napping plans. Still, I have learned a thing or two keeping them and a lot from caresheets and other keepers. They really are very cool little critters.

Thanks
    Sorry to hijack the thread Jonah, but .. How goes the crestie eggs Marla?
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Here is a pic of the home built plastic cages I use for my adult pairs 16x16x20. Barrs makes some decent affordable plastic cages that would be good for cresteds ,I would stay away from glass if your going to be moving it around much
    sorry the cage is so dark it photos better with the flourecent fixture off

http://www.herpcages.com/cages/cprice2.html

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing that, Robert. The cage does look nice, and I've looked at the Barrs cages before and considered them. How did you build yours?

Carson, so far so good. They still look like happy little eggs to me, no sweating or crumpling or anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast