Hello my name is Jayare and I just got a couple Ball Pythons about a month ago 1 male Bumblebee and 1 female Pastel. Both are 2 years old now. The guy I got them from said when he had them in the same room the male wouldn't eat because he could smell her and all he wanted to do or think about was getting together with her. He went almost 5 months without eating and was offered food several times but refused it. (He is also a shy eater) After moving him to another room in his house he started eating again.

Does this happen or was he just not interested in eating for whatever reason? I have them in different rooms right now but I would love to get them in the same room. I have plans to make a rack system at some point when I get a chance.

Currently she is in a 40 gal tank and he is in a 55 gal tank. When I bought them I got the tanks and all their stuff with them. I weighed them last week before feeding them he was 790g and she was 970g. I was hoping to breed them but looks like i'm going to have to wait a little while until she puts on about another 500g.

Can/should I put them in the same room or wait a while longer?

Jayare