Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

2 members and 3,163 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

...So, I'm excited....

So, after working the last 2 years in a hospital (1.5+ in the ER portion, last 4ish months in a 6 bed observation unit) doing 3rd shift I have found my way out.

I loved the job at first, just like anyone who starts a new job..it's new, fresh, exciting! But as time has passed I have really started to resent the establishment. Between the new health care bologna and "cutting cost because we are over budget" I've just grown sick of it. That and the increase of drug seeking patients who will do anything they can to get their fix....I'm just spent, to the point of getting physically sick feeling and super anxious when I get off the exit for the hospital on the way to work.

I applied at numerous jobs and was interviewed and begged to come work for them, but I could not give up the 12+ dollars an hour I am making now to drive the same distance for less money.

....I finally found my silver lining though, there is a adult ed program near me called BOCES...not sure if anyone has heard of it or have something similar, but they offer an 8 week. Saturday only class from 9-12pm for welding. I have talked to numerous people who know people who have done it and now work at a company called Raymond's Corp that makes forklifts and they start at around 17-18 an hour...DAYS!!!! I can finally not be a zombie all day and completely useless to my wife and 9 month daughter...plus make almost if not $5 more an hour to start!!!! Doing the math it's another almost 1,000-1,200 a month!

Which will help with the bills exponentially!

Not sure if anyone really cares, but I'm happy.

More than happy actually, rather ecstatic!

Plus the class is only $350 for the 8 week course!

Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Thanked 9,861 Times in 4,780 Posts
    Congrats! I will warn you though that it's hot, tough work, but if you can do it then more power to you. If you get good at it you can make very decent money.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I already do some work, helping my dad with body work and welding panes on vehicles. I'm not great, but with this class I hope to be a lot better and you can only get better with experience.

I don't mind the work, I would much rather be hot, sweaty, and miserable for the hot/sweaty fact, then stuck doing this another day...Plus it's a pretty independent type job. I think one of my other issues is I can't stand some of my "team" coworkers...
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very nice! Congrats! I'm excited for you! I kind of played 52 card pick up with my life and trying to get back on my feet. I've been having one heck of a time finding a job worth doing, I'm glad you found one, give us hope!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: ...So, I'm excited....

Quote Originally Posted by SlitherinSisters View Post
    Very nice! Congrats! I'm excited for you! I kind of played 52 card pick up with my life and trying to get back on my feet. I've been having one heck of a time finding a job worth doing, I'm glad you found one, give us hope!
    I have been trying to feel myself out for what I would be happiest doing...and something hands on was what I need. I would love to drop everything and just breed snakes for a living since I know I would be happiest doing that as a job, but financially I am not capable of doing such a feat yet....in 7-10 years maybe...just not right now...
    Country Born Exotics