Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,541

1 members and 3,540 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member Rickys_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

To all BP.NET members

Thank you to all the admins and those of you who help make this forum so awesome!

Why do you think this forum is so amazing? Post below!!

I personally think that the welcoming and knowledgeable members make this forum so amazing!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rickys_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (09-24-2014),JLC (09-23-2014)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: To all BP.NET members

This forum rocks. For so many reasons..#1 is talking with others that care so much about this hobby/ addiction.lol. also the imput from all diffrent views from the most basic to most expirenced breeders. Always learning something nee

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostysBP For This Useful Post:

JLC (09-23-2014),Rickys_Reptiles (09-23-2014)

Thanks

This is one of the few forums I have ever come across where people don't act like children. There is practically no bigotry or one-upping here, and it really feels more like a family. Also, everyone is knowledgeable and eager to help; there are people here to assist in times of peril and grief. What a nice place.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heeltoeclutch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I love this forum because of the warmth and support from like-minded people...it's also an outstanding place to find answers to all my questions. I've learned an incredible amount from here and it all translates to a better quality of life for my BPs. Think about that...it's amazing to consider the impact this forum makes on the lives of so many reptiles around the world.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakura_noir For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

I think one of the aspects that make it so succesful is that most everyone's first agenda is the welfare of the animal. That in itself transalates to a more nurturing environment. Sure there are a lot of secondary agendas, but I don't believe they drive this site as much as the first. And with that you cant help but feel empathy which again pushes most to want to help. Just my $0.02

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

JLC (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    I love this forum because of all the help people give. I read through countless sites about the care of ball pythons before buying Zeus, but this site, by far, has the best advice on how to give my ball python a happy home! People here always give awesome advice to problems about ball pythons (and many other snakes!), and it gives us all a place to talk and share things about our own collections. Anyone from a beginner, to a long time keeper and breeder of snakes can share their thoughts, opinions and knowledge to help answer other people's questions.
    Snakes
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Zeus)

Fish
    1.0 Beta

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamerick For This Useful Post:

JLC (09-23-2014)

Thanks

I am quite new to the forum, but what initially impressed me was the activity level. It seems like there is always someone online and ready to help or just discuss. Having gotten to talk with a few people now it is clear that the majority here had extensive background in snake keeping and can offer very sound advice. I also love that people actually take the time to help here, as opposed to some other sites I have come across where the stats will often show that a hundred people have seen your post but not one has offered any response. Being new to the snake world is intimidating and so many questions arise, it is just invaluable to have somewhere that you can count on for help or just reassurance when you are feeling a bit lost. Thanks so much guys, you have all been very welcoming and I am just thrilled to have found this site.

Thanks
    I'm with the last user. The only other forum that I have seen this much activity and user longevity has been an Airgun (Air rifles and pistols, not to be confused with airsoft!) forum that I would always visit many years ago. I've tried to go back to that forum at times over the years. Some of the old users are gone and some of the ones that were just starting out when I was an active user are now the senior members. The most polite forum I've even been to is hands down the corn snake forum but BP.net is certainly well above what's in reason. I also like that there are several admins and moderators that are actively in the hobby themselves that post with a high frequency to keep things going and answer the same questions over and over again. I remember my firsts posts when I was for sure that my Spider and Ghost were either the newest most cool morph ever or really poor examples. All my logic went out the window and I had to get other opinions, luckily every one was really nice about it and gave me the feedback straight to the point. I am starting to think that BP.net is a great jump off point for many breeders and after a while they stop frequenting as much so when I do see any big named breeder or even mid level breeder(you'll know who you are) posting on here I really appreciate it. The ONLY criticism that I can even consider would be that I'd like to see more breeder discussion and pictures in an organized way. If we could share pictures of the parents and offspring as well as the offspring as parents I think that it would help junior breeders out significantly with pairing options and could even reduce the amount of sub par pairings from less desirable versions of a morph. Something similar to what I have in mind is almost what user JLC did by listing all the different morphs with pictures and descriptions.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alan12013 For This Useful Post:

JLC (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

dr del's beard is what makes it so amazing. He's an inspiration to beardists everywhere
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (09-24-2014),JLC (09-23-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Aww, thanks Ricky, and all you guys. Things have changed a LOT over the years, but we try our best to stay true to our primary mission, which is to provide a safe and friendly place for folks to learn how to take care of their animals.
    -- Judy

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (09-24-2014),Emilio (09-24-2014),Rickys_Reptiles (09-24-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast