Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,147

2 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

This is just killing me...

So I buy a royal BP hatchling right? Take him home and let him get acclimated for a few days. Then I took him out for a couple of days, 10-15 minutes at a time. Probably twice overall. Then I fed him, which he took no problem thankfully. So then I have to wait until he digests before I can hold him again. Well, 2 days later I take him out and guess what? I notice it's belly is pink! Yep shed mode lol so I let him hang for a few minutes since I already had him, and knowing I wouldn't get to handle my new snake again for another couple of weeks lol
    a few days later, I find a wicked deal on an 8 month OG, and I held him at the store for about 10 mins, went home, came back and bought him. Brought him home and let him get situated in his new place. It's going to be another day before I can hold the OG, but the royal will be another couple of days too. I want to hold them so bad it's killing me! This is cruel and unusual torture! New snakes and it's going on two weeks! UGH lol
    on a side note, I'm glad the royal happened the way it did though, it couldn't had been more perfect with timing, minus the lack of holding lol I know none of this is useful info or anything, but I figure someone could probably relate to this and get a kick out of it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to infinitewaffle For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (11-29-2014)

Thanks

Re: This is just killing me...

Thats how i ended up with my second. Because i hated having to wait. And now since april i have four ha. And so far it works out perfect cause all there sheds have been a week apart lol

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk
    1.0 spinner blast "Igneel"
    0.1 normal"spitfire"
    1.1 mojave "grandeneey.smaug"
    0.1 yellow belly "saphira"
    0.1 lavender corn"princess"
    0.3 rats "elsa, tardis,lucy"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Know what you mean!

I've had my snake for 3 weeks. It has 3 rat pups in it and has not pooped yet! And I'm on Day 9 of #ShedWatch (since eyes went blue), so I have to keep waiting a few more days for the shed to happen and I can pick it up.

Last edited by The Golem; 09-21-2014 at 07:59 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Golem For This Useful Post:

infinitewaffle (11-29-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegamejr View Post
    Thats how i ended up with my second. Because i hated having to wait. And now since april i have four ha. And so far it works out perfect cause all there sheds have been a week apart lol

It's why I ended up with multiples, too.

They all shed at more or less the same time, though. The younger two shed more than the older two, of course, but if those older two are in shed? They are ALL in shed.

Fortunately my cornsnake gets fed less frequently than the BP and Calking, so she's usually available to be messed with.
    ---
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Pastel BP
    1.1 Black and White Banded Cal-King

2.3 Dogs
    0.4 Cats
    1.0 Husband
    2.0 Kids

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegamejr View Post

Too funny, I knew I couldn't be the only one lol Nice! That definitely sounds like a solid schedule to me! I seem to be getting "lucky" with these guys, or maybe it's not luck, and we just so happened to set them up properly or something like that, who knows lol thanks for the reply

Thanks

Re: Know what you mean!

Quote Originally Posted by The Golem View Post
    I've had my snake for 3 weeks. It has 3 rat pups in it and has not pooped yet! And I'm on Day 9 of #ShedWatch (since eyes went blue), so I have to keep waiting a few more days for the shed to happen and I can pick it up.

Oh wow, that sounds abnormal. I'm no expert by any means, so I can't give any advice, but I do wish you luck! Good Luck!
    Ps: keep us updated on this, I would love to hear how this scenario ends, hopefully well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CptJack View Post
    It's why I ended up with multiples, too.

They all shed at more or less the same time, though. The younger two shed more than the older two, of course, but if those older two are in shed? They are ALL in shed.

Fortunately my cornsnake gets fed less frequently than the BP and Calking, so she's usually available to be messed with.
    Thats great though, sounds much easier to keep track of things that way. That sounds like winning the shed lottery lol congrats on that for sure!
    since my second one is a ghost, ill have to wait until I see blue eyes to know he's gong in shed I think...ill have to look up some info on ghosts and shedding, maybe there's more signs I'm not considering.

Thanks
    You can hold during shed, once they take 2-3 meals down ill hold whenever (24 hours after feed)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CORBIN911 For This Useful Post:

infinitewaffle (11-29-2014),kaitala (12-05-2014)

Thanks

I'm using this exact same reason to get another one! Too funny! But as soon as mine sheds she is ready to come out again. Usually 2-3 days after she goes blue

Molly & Precioucess

13. The Following User Says Thank You to calmolly1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My babe just shed and I'm so happy. Last week was so stressful, its nice to be able to hold my buddy again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JoRandom For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast