Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,277

3 members and 3,274 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Feeding more than one mouse?

My boy FINALLY finished shedding yesterday. I came home to find his shed all in one piece (with an exception to the tip of his tail which I soaked in warm water and pulled right off). I fed him one hopper mouse yesterday and he gobbled it up. He's been eating one hopper a week since I got him 6 weeks ago but I feel like I want to give him a second one this week since it's been almost two weeks since his last meal due to his shedding. My question is when should I offer him the second? Can it be offered today or should I wait until he's finished digesting the current one?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Re: Feeding more than one mouse?

As soon as he gets the first one down and resets his jaw he'd be ok for the second one!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    As soon as he gets the first one down and resets his jaw he'd be ok for the second one!

This
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onthefritz View Post
    My boy FINALLY finished shedding yesterday. I came home to find his shed all in one piece (with an exception to the tip of his tail which I soaked in warm water and pulled right off). I fed him one hopper mouse yesterday and he gobbled it up. He's been eating one hopper a week since I got him 6 weeks ago but I feel like I want to give him a second one this week since it's been almost two weeks since his last meal due to his shedding. My question is when should I offer him the second? Can it be offered today or should I wait until he's finished digesting the current one?
    Just out of curiosity, how much does he weigh? They aren't usually on hoppers very long, so you may want to look into bumping up his food size at this point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how much does he weigh? They aren't usually on hoppers very long, so you may want to look into bumping up his food size at this point.
    I don't have a scale yet and since hes my first, I've never had to guesstimate a snakes weight. I would say that he's definitely under 100 grams though. The hoppers are about as big as the thickest part of his body. I was planning on going up to adult mice next time I ordered him some. He has 3 hoppers left before I'll switch him over.

Thanks

I would try going up to a small mouse. They are about the size of a hopper is wide but yet about 1.t times the length. So it would be a good step up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bsies For This Useful Post:

onthefritz (09-22-2014)