Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,819

1 members and 2,818 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397
    Thanks

Gaining weight fast (maybe to fast?)

hello,

ok here it is,

on august 19th i got my 2013 albino girl and then she was 448 grams, now not even an month later september 8th she has shed and left a big pile of poo (not the first time she pooped since she is here) i was like ok lets put her on the scale (i do that with every bp i have after a shed+poop) and she is now 578 grams.

is this ok or is this going way to fast?

some back ground info;

when i got her the guy i bought her from said she was kind of a probleem feeder in her first few months. Since she is with me she has been eating realy good.

i give her an appropriate sized meal every 4 days as i do with all my bp females.

pls let me know if it is all just going great or if i am feeding to much?

thx,

Andrew
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    I typically get somewhere around 75/100 grams a month, most months. So, yeah, that sounds fine.
    ---
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Pastel BP
    1.1 Black and White Banded Cal-King

2.3 Dogs
    0.4 Cats
    1.0 Husband
    2.0 Kids

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CptJack For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    ok thx alot

i was a bit worried

my goal is to get her to 1500+ grams for the 2015 breeding season, so yeah i am happy she is gaining weight but i dont want to be pushing it to much, the important thing is that she stays healthy and i would rather have to wait another year then to be pushing her to much.
    Last edited by ARBallMorphs; 09-07-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    When they want to eat, let them eat.

My personal experience: My Enchi female (that I got as a hatchling) grew incredibly quickly. All I did was feed her appropriately sized meals every 4 days until she was big enough for small rats, then fed her small rats weekly until she was big enough for mediums (weekly with those as well). During that time, she didn't refuse a single meal, and was up to 2000 grams by the time she was 14 months old. She's slowed off considerably since then (she won't be 2 years until January), so I've backed her down to small rats weekly when she wants to eat. While she was growing, though, I didn't hesitate to let her "pack on the pounds" as she saw fit.

Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (09-08-2014)

Thanks
    Ok Thank you.

i'll keep offering her a meal every 4 days then, until she desides that rats are food too

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks

Re: Gaining weight fast (maybe to fast?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post

My personal experience: My Enchi female (that I got as a hatchling) grew incredibly quickly. All I did was feed her appropriately sized meals every 4 days until she was big enough for small rats, then fed her small rats weekly until she was big enough for mediums (weekly with those as well). During that time, she didn't refuse a single meal, and was up to 2000 grams by the time she was 14 months old. She's slowed off considerably since then (she won't be 2 years until January), so I've backed her down to small rats weekly when she wants to eat. While she was growing, though, I didn't hesitate to let her "pack on the pounds" as she saw fit.

Sounds like my piebald. She eats like a pig ever 4-5 days and has never once refused for me. She's finally on small rats after getting big enough from mice

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Outtagetme069 For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (09-10-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    Exactly the perfect answer. Smile when they eat a lot so you don't have to worry about frowning when the refuse to eat

I Gots Me Some Snakes...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KING JAMES For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (09-10-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KING JAMES View Post
    Exactly the perfect answer. Smile when they eat a lot so you don't have to worry about frowning when the refuse to eat

Thanks

Females;

Males;
    ald