Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,308

2 members and 3,306 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

Stuck shed help?

As I suspected Bean's first shed with me was very bad. Many tears and rips. I followed the stickied post for bad sheds and was able to get almost all of it off. The only area left is the bottom half of his neck and underneath his jaw. I have tried soaking a second time, but it did not help and his breathing was accompanied with a high pitch whistling so I took him out since it seemed to be stressing him to much and causing breathing problems. The remaining shed seems to be stuck on there pretty well. Does anyone have any tips for getting this off? He's also nippy sometimes and headshy, so any ideas for getting underneath his jaw without him betting too defensive would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Soak a pillowcase in water, wring it out so it is not dripping wet, just damp, put your snake in there for awhile and see if that works

3. The Following User Says Thank You to albinos_rule For This Useful Post:

krisym (08-30-2014)

Thanks

Re: Stuck shed help?

Quote Originally Posted by albinos_rule View Post
    Soak a pillowcase in water, wring it out so it is not dripping wet, just damp, put your snake in there for awhile and see if that works
    Thanks! I'll make sure to do that.

Thanks
    I swear by any sort of ShedAide product that you can get at PETCO. I learned about it from having Chams but it works even better on BPs. I have solved every single shed issue with that stuff. Sometimes you have to rub it in to get a better outcome other times like when in bad places or the eye cap just spray it on. I'm not sure tha cause yet but some BPs will have worse sheds then others that are kept in the exact same environment with very close to the same care.

Thanks

Re: Stuck shed help?

Definitely try the pillowcase trick. If that doesn't work, you can leave it be until the next shed. It won't hurt your snake to have it on there. When your snake eats it's next meal, it may loosen that skin along the jaw and you can try again with another soak after he/she has digested the meal you gave her/him.