Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,329

1 members and 3,328 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

general BP question

Hi all,

We have 2 BPs, a male and female. Housed separately, appropriately heated, etc. The female is a bit older, bigger and very sweet. The male was malnourished when we adopted him and I'm happy to say that a year and 4months, he's grown a lot. He eats regularly and well! My question, they are probably only2-3 moths apart in age. The female being older. The female is what we lovingly call lazy. She loves to sleep and lay around--just hang out. The male, Floyd, well, he's hyper. He loves to crawl/slither around his cage, all over me, the bed, the house, etc. He has gone at it for hours before. Then he'll sleep and start up again. He eats well, poops well (small mouse every 5 days) and sheds well Sweet tempered too (a really cutie).

Is it normal? Are males more active? He tends to calm down if I take him out and 'cuddle' him. We've got him up to 130g and he's continuing to grow.

Thanks
    What do you think is abnormal, sounds like a snake being a snake, some are more active, and some not so much..

Thanks

Re: general BP question

I always thought he was normal, but others have told me he's too active. He Can be on the move for 6, 8, 10 hours sometimes. Thought I'd ask what others think.
    Last edited by kmrjpr; 08-29-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Thanks
    Sounds normal to me. My BP, who I think is a girl, comes out when the sun goes down and is on the move all night roaming around her cage. If I take her out, she doesn't sit still either, until I put her back and then she calms down for a little while. I don't worry about it much anymore because it's so consistent. The only time she doesn't roam is when she is in shed, or right after eating. As long as his husbandry is right, I'd say he just likes to explore.