Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,495

2 members and 3,493 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Breeders: Documentation of What You Sell?

For those of you who breed/sell, how much documentation do you keep on who purchased a particular animal, such as the purchaser, date, & price, along with the animal's morph/lineage/birth date, etc?

If you do keep such info, are you willing to share it, or at least confirm/deny its veracity, with people who are purchasing an animal that you produced but someone else purchased?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Breeders: Documentation of What You Sell?

Each customer has it's own folder which may contain one or more folders labelled by year, this way I can tell what each customer bought what year.

Info contained are a copy of the certificate of origin (if the animal is produced by me), picture ID, short term feeding record.

All other info address, phone number, email, price etc is kept in an excel file.

As far as sharing, no information is shared with anyone, the only thing that I will do is confirm if whether or not an animal was produced by me, should one of the animals I produced changes hands.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    I simply keep a list as I sell throughout the year, name, morph ID, price, city, state, etc. The sad thing is the few times I was contacted about a seller claiming a snake was from me I never even heard of the person.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Green View Post
    The sad thing is the few times I was contacted about a seller claiming a snake was from me I never even heard of the person.
    Is it the seller or second/next buyer contacting you to verify what the seller is claiming - that you produced critter X and it was sold by you to the current owner, who is now selling it?

Also for the sake of the discussion, assume these are animals where provenance is a significant factor in the animal's price and suitability for a breeding program.
    Last edited by bcr229; 08-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Is it the seller or second/next buyer contacting you to verify what the seller is claiming - that you produced critter X and it was sold by you to the current owner, who is now selling it?

Also for the sake of the discussion, assume these are animals where provenance is a significant factor in the animal's price and suitability for a breeding program.
    Correct, it's the next buyer, they want to verify that I sold a het lavender albino (just an example) to Joe Schmo because Joe is now claiming he purchased the het from me. Then I have to respond that I never sold a snake, nor even heard of Joe. Sad but true.

It's usually with Hets.