Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,305

4 members and 2,301 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,559
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Ball Python rescue help... pics and videos

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    If I had to guess the culture would be to see if there are any signs of something like worms or any other bacterial blooms that might complicate things later.

The x-ray should show the shape, density and location of the blockage so he can work out what, if anything, he can or should do.

Feeding is definitely the last thing to be worrying about just now though.
    Yea, I'm not feeding. Just going to let him take water. Hopefully Tuesday I'll go in for the X-ray and see if we can figure something out. I'm going to let him chill tonight and do another warm bath tomorrow.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks again

BM
    "Cadimonti" - BP
    "Baláke" - R.I.P little buddy
    "Jolene, Mrs. J, Mamma J." - Brindle Lab, Pit, Chow mix
    Phoenix, AZ

Thanks

Dumb question... how do I delete a post?? I can't get rid of this one lol
    Last edited by gurpgurp; 09-03-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: I want to delete
    "Cadimonti" - BP
    Phoenix, AZ

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gurpgurp For This Useful Post:

Gorgonopsid (09-03-2014)

Thanks

Update...

So It's been home care the last few days since the last vet visit. My sister is willing to help me with Care Credit to pay for the X-ray. I was able to set an apt for Friday with my Vet. After that, I then will have a better idea of what I need or should do. In the meantime I will start looking for someone in the valley who may have better resources and willing to adopt.

Ok... some GOOD news!

I just gave him another warm bath. He's been bad. The bulge was HUGE, almost like it was going to explode. I missed taking a picture so I can't show you guys. Anyways... I was letting him chill in the tub and I started to massage him a little. He would get still and I could feel him flexing under me like trying to help. I then held him up by his tail so he stretched down, I wanted to test his brain and see if he's still responding with a good equilibrium. He was ok.. I think he sensed up and down but every once in a while he does this crazy head, tight neck, seizure thing... I dunno... But check this..

That right there is a nasty smelling, putrid glob of snake puke. As he was hanging, I rubbed his belly a little and he went crazy, started puking brown stuff all over the place. Smelled like a the edge of a dirty lake. You know... gross dead fish and rot. But it kept coming. After he calmed down, I put him back in his cage so he could chill out. I think that was the most stress he's endured lol

I washed the tub out... gross.... and refilled it with warm clean water. I wanted to kinda bathe him to get the puke off of him. He sat in the tank with his mouth open and I could see a puddle of that brown stuff. I decided to take him out again and see if we could get a little more out. Not much.. BUT... I got THIS instead!

He POOPED!!! I had him upside down hoping for puke and then I see a little red gopher peek out from the corner of my eye. Then he duked on me. :-)

I want to be excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I just put him in his tank and I am going to leave him be the rest of the day and check on him. I hope that was a good sign. I called the vet and left a message and I am waiting to hear back and see what he says.

That's it. Now, we wait again. I will update after the call and again thanks for reading.

Word.

HM
    "Cadimonti" - BP
    Phoenix, AZ

Thanks
    Thanked 9,874 Times in 4,783 Posts
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

That said, if/when he gets to the point where the vet advises trying to feed him again, get some NutriBAC from The Bean Farm (online store). It's a probiotic that helps replenish the good bacteria in their digestive tract.
    http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php...oducts_id=5933

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.

That said, if/when he gets to the point where the vet advises trying to feed him again, get some NutriBAC from The Bean Farm (online store). It's a probiotic that helps replenish the good bacteria in their digestive tract.
    http://beanfarm.com/product_info.php...oducts_id=5933

Right on, thanks. So it looks like I just add that to his water?
    "Cadimonti" - BP
    Phoenix, AZ

Thanks

2nd Update...

I got a call from the vet. Basically, he told me that's a good thing but we still need to check him out. I will be keeping an eye on him throughout the next ouple of days until his appointment. For now, he looks "ok"... As you can see the bulge is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller, if not maybe gone. He looks so much better than the other pics.

HM
    "Cadimonti" - BP
    Phoenix, AZ

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gurpgurp For This Useful Post:

dr del (09-03-2014),Gary P (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,874 Times in 4,783 Posts

While he looks better, a purge from both ends like that will be very hard on his system. In case the vet doesn't suggest it, the next meal offered should be very small. Typically with a regurge you wait at least three weeks before feeding again to give the snake time to recover, but your vet may have a different idea since this one is in such bad shape.

I've had to use the NutriBAC and I don't bother adding it to the water, I just sprinkle a tiny amount on a wet f/t feeder.

Thanks

Final update...

I had a 1230 appt. with the vet. I put him in his box and left. My mom hooked me up with her Care Credit card so we were going in for the X-ray. I made a call last minute just to make sure they took CC... they don't. Sucked... I got coffee and went home.

I made a few calls and hooked up with another vet who was available and took CC. In a nutshell... the doc said he didn't look good. He was sooo skinny. He was most worried about neurological damage because of his behavior. He set him on the table upside down (on his back) he didn't respond. Just laid there and we continued our conversation. He brought up starvation, dehydration, parasites, heat, everything that I talked about. The conclusion was either spend a lot of money and hopefully he will be ok, or put him down. This vet was a Herp for 10-15 years and also works for AZ Sheriff's DEPT for Animal Control or whatever, he feel that considering my other pets and money etc that if I decided to put him down it may be for the best for the snake and myself. He was really bad.

I'm sorry to say, but he passed. He's in my freezer waiting awaiting burial. I did the best I could and I am hoping that maybe for the small amount of time he was here while I tried to help he felt a little better, who knows, but I feel god for what I tried doing and if this was the way it had to be, so be it.

RIP little buddy.

Thanks to everyone that helped me out I really appreciate it. See you on the boards.

Peace.

HM

On another note: This vet told me that if he was to have found him in the condition I described him in when I grabbed him the first time from the garage, both owners would have been in custody. I guess in AZ it's a class 6 felony. Something like... "... animal abuse that results in having to put the animal down because of human neglect is considered blah blah blah...". I had NO idea the punishment was that bad. So I decided to look for the law and send it to my dumb ass friends, reminding them that they barely escaped possible jail time. I doubt it will even matter. Crazy.
    "Cadimonti" - BP
    Phoenix, AZ

Thanks

RIP you tried the best you could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I'm sorry.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast