Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,141

3 members and 3,138 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Question I caught the bug and Cage help

Once you have one snake you're bound to get more, well that just happened to me. And it's one of the snakes I been dying to get for a long time, a Malaysian Blood Python. He's just a baby but I did name him Benito. Isn't he a cutie ;A;
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/994481...57646382779890

Benito actually started off at a different home, a friend of mine had just gotten him and something unexpected happened. He had to move back somewhere but couldn't bring his Blood Python with him. So I kindly took him off his hands, he gave me his set-up which is a glass tank which I plan to replace immediately.

Which leads me to my question, could you guys recommend me some cages that hold heat & humidity well. I prefer vision style cages because my snakes are my pets and I do want a small collection 3 in all. Blood, Ball, and (Possible Carpet)

Also I always seem to have problems looking up set-up tutorials for tanks whether it's for Ball or Bloods, most I get are set-up tutorials for Glass tanks. So if you know where I can find some visual tutorials on set-ups of different cages that would be awesome! video or step-by-step with visuals are preferred. get confused easily with walls of text. lmao

ugh I had something else on my mind but I totally lost it, hopefully it'll come back to me as feedback comes in. I hope you all can help out ~thanks.
    If you're are not going to stand behind the soldiers, feel free to stand in front of them.

Collection:
    1 Blood Python. (Benito)
    1 Normal Ball Python (Breda)
    1 Coastal Carpet Python (Richthofen)
    1 Siamese/Tabby Cat (Junkers)

Thanks
    You might check out Neodesha cages, they seem really nice..just a suggestion

3. The Following User Says Thank You to albinos_rule For This Useful Post:

TheLuftGator (08-24-2014)

Thanks

Re: I caught the bug and Cage help

Quote Originally Posted by albinos_rule View Post
    You might check out Neodesha cages, they seem really nice..just a suggestion
    Thanks for the suggestion. Never heard of these cages so I'll take a look.
    If you're are not going to stand behind the soldiers, feel free to stand in front of them.

Collection:
    1 Blood Python. (Benito)

Thanks
    Animal plastics, cserpents, and constrictors NW all make good PVC cages. I would post in the blood python forum and ask specifically what size. I know you'll need at least a 4x2' but maybe larger. I think there's a PVC cage setup sticky in either the general BP or BP husbandry forum here on the site, so look for those.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

TheLuftGator (08-24-2014)

Thanks

We have three blood pythons, two of which are almost fully grown. My two adults are in a 4'x2'x1' terrarium. More than enough space for them to spread out if the want to. Keeps humidity in well with a large dog water bowl. We got them earlier in the year at NARBC Tinley Park. Here is what we have:

The collection is growing:
    1.0 Dumerils Boa (Khardeen), 0.1 Spider Ball Python (Charlotte), 0.1 Pastel Ball Python (Serenity), 1.1 Mojave Ball Python (Atreyu, Starr), 1.0 Black Pastel Ball python (Vader), 0.1 Enchi Champagne Ball Python (Monroe), 1.0 Enchi Ball Python (Apollo), 1.0 Citrus pastel yellowbelly ball python (Mellow Yellow), 1.1 Fire ball pythons (Fuego, Pele), 0.1 Pinstripe ball python (Vera), 1.0 Pastel Calico ball python (Monty the python), 1.0 X-Gene ball python (Wesley), 0.1 Butter X-Gene ball python (Buttercup), 0.1 Bumble Bee ball python (Honeycomb), 1.1 Red Blood Pythons (Armond, Mina), 1.1 Matrix Red Blood Python (no name, Trinity), 0.1 Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake (Lilith), 1.0 Albino Honduran Milksnake (Boros), 1.0 Desert Kingsnake (Crowley- King of Hell), 0.1 Banded Albino Kingsnake (Rhapsody)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Animal plastics, cserpents, and constrictors NW all make good PVC cages. I would post in the blood python forum and ask specifically what size. I know you'll need at least a 4x2' but maybe larger. I think there's a PVC cage setup sticky in either the general BP or BP husbandry forum here on the site, so look for those.
    Thanks, I'll probably go with Animal Plastics cages since I found that set-up sticky would be easier for me to work with. XD Forums are so bug I get lost even if what I'm looking for is right in front of me. lol

Collection:
    1 Blood Python. (Benito)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaiaeagle View Post
    We have three blood pythons, two of which are almost fully grown. My two adults are in a 4'x2'x1' terrarium. More than enough space for them to spread out if the want to. Keeps humidity in well with a large dog water bowl. We got them earlier in the year at NARBC Tinley Park. Here is what we have:

What kind of enclosure is that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zachbinger View Post
    What kind of enclosure is that?
    I bought them from PM Herps at Tinley Park.
    The collection is growing:
    1.0 Dumerils Boa (Khardeen), 0.1 Spider Ball Python (Charlotte), 0.1 Pastel Ball Python (Serenity), 1.1 Mojave Ball Python (Atreyu, Starr), 1.0 Black Pastel Ball python (Vader), 0.1 Enchi Champagne Ball Python (Monroe), 1.0 Enchi Ball Python (Apollo), 1.0 Citrus pastel yellowbelly ball python (Mellow Yellow), 1.1 Fire ball pythons (Fuego, Pele), 0.1 Pinstripe ball python (Vera), 1.0 Pastel Calico ball python (Monty the python), 1.0 X-Gene ball python (Wesley), 0.1 Butter X-Gene ball python (Buttercup), 0.1 Bumble Bee ball python (Honeycomb), 1.1 Red Blood Pythons (Armond, Mina), 1.1 Matrix Red Blood Python (no name, Trinity), 0.1 Splotched Sinaloan Milksnake (Lilith), 1.0 Albino Honduran Milksnake (Boros), 1.0 Desert Kingsnake (Crowley- King of Hell), 0.1 Banded Albino Kingsnake (Rhapsody)