Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,014

1 members and 2,013 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Coral Albino Boa

As some of you know I plan on at least building a decent sized reptile collection and hopefully get some breeding action going. I have a baby panther chameleon that some one offered to trade for a coral albino boa. I have been wanting a larger snake and decided against the blood pythons so a boa is what I would prefer at this time. I am curious as to the market on these boas and if I would have a hard time finding a good pair to mate with it and if I would have a hard time finding homes for the offspring. I really would love to make this trade and have such a nice boa as my first one. Any information related to the market of these animals is appreciated! Thank you as always.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    You shouldn't have any trouble at all finding a male for her one day. The possibilities are endless for albinos and it will all depend on what you decide you like and want to breed.

There are almost as many morphs of boas as there are of BPs. And more are being developed all the time. The market is huge. You won't be able to sell albinos for as much as you could have several years ago, but quality albinos are still a "staple" morph. A first time breeder is also going to take longer to sell the babies than a well-known breeder with a good and known rep, but if the babies are outstanding, they will sell.

If you like the boa, then do the trade. I'm not well-versed in Chameleons, but from what I've seen, a panther is about the same value as a good quality Coral Albino boa. Enjoy - and pics when you get her!!!
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Evenstar For This Useful Post:

alan12013 (07-16-2014)

Thanks
    Dont sweat it. Make the trade. I am telling you this cause my buddy is waiting for his female to drop her coral albino s as we speak. I am waiting for one myself. They can be had and I am sure you will enjoy the snake over the chameleon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ElliotNess For This Useful Post:

alan12013 (07-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thank you. The guy backed out of the trade on me though. He did manage to point me in the direction of a couple that breeds boas here in Oregon... I've decided to keep my chameleon and find him a partner as well. I also decided that a boa is next on my list. The patterns are amazingly crisp and colorful. I don't know why they are not more popular actually. If they guy in Oregon lets me see his collection I might just be walking away with one and hopefully an albino of some sort.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan12013 For This Useful Post:

oskyle1567 (07-16-2014)

Thanks
    I fed my rescue a medium FT last night to see if he would eat, holy fawk. That boy hits like a freight train. Get your boa young and grow together.