Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

0 members and 3,210 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Kingsnake VS Reptile Report Marketplace

Hello, I was wondering if anybody here holds an account with BOTH marketplaces and if so, which one do you see the most sales with? Feel free to throw in FaunaClassifieds. I have some snakes I need to sell and need help deciding on which marketplace to go with. Thank you.

Mark

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Right now, go with all of them.

King snake has popularity and that's the only thing going for it, very commerialized site from the 90's, with tons of clicking to rack up ad views. But popularity means a lot of views for your ad also.
    Fauna is nicer, search works like a search should, so people looking for your animal will actually be able to find it easy, but it is still just a forum with a few tweaks to make it function for classifieds.
    TRRM has a lot of potential and the best functionality imo, but is new and because of that less popular.

If you wanna get the most exposure, list on all of them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Adam Chandler (07-09-2014),Zach Cedor (07-09-2014)

Thanks

Re: Kingsnake VS Reptile Report Marketplace

Also plenty of people use the for sale or trade section here since you already have an account here might as well list them In there too. Just make sure to read all the rules for that section BEFORE posting the animals!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zach Cedor For This Useful Post:

MarkS (07-15-2014)

Thanks
    Being honest here, nothing sells on kingsnake anymore, I mean I'm sure some people get lucky with their stuff, but my ads on kingsnake get zero replies a week compared to every/any other site.... BUT I also have a reptile report marketplace account and not only have I never sold an animal there, my ads also have way less than normal views after months of being placed. Leading me to believe that the only people looking at TRR market site are sellers, no buyers. When I post the same stuff on fauna it's a completely different story, but it also depends on if you are selling what the people want. I also think kingsnake.com has a problem with it's email system, as I have sent emails to people for stuff I wanted to purchase, only to never get a reply, and then whenever I get around to contacting them a different way (direct email, phone) they say they never got an email from me. Could have something to do with it, who knows. Your best bet is to have a presence on every site.
    - Mike
    www.albinomilksnake.com
    Search for Mike Fedzen on facebook!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,862 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mfedzen View Post
    Being honest here, nothing sells on kingsnake anymore, I mean I'm sure some people get lucky with their stuff, but my ads on kingsnake get zero replies a week compared to every/any other site.... BUT I also have a reptile report marketplace account and not only have I never sold an animal there, my ads also have way less than normal views after months of being placed. Leading me to believe that the only people looking at TRR market site are sellers, no buyers. When I post the same stuff on fauna it's a completely different story, but it also depends on if you are selling what the people want. I also think kingsnake.com has a problem with it's email system, as I have sent emails to people for stuff I wanted to purchase, only to never get a reply, and then whenever I get around to contacting them a different way (direct email, phone) they say they never got an email from me. Could have something to do with it, who knows. Your best bet is to have a presence on every site.
    I check Fauna, KS, and TRRM. I bought a 1.1 Tarahumara Boa pair this week from KS that wasn't advertised anywhere else.

On TRRM the reason you don't see many "views" on ads is that between the ad's title, preview, and picture I can get all the info I need without having to actually open the ad. That is not the case on Fauna or KS.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I thought the navigation on TRRM is a pain in the a$$ to use. There are people posting several animals in one post which makes it hard to search for something I want.

I'm selling some of my Brazilian Rainbow Boas so I might just try FaunaClassifieds first (and in the for sale section here). Thanks for y'all input and wish me some luck.

Thanks
    I'm surprised to hear that digizure. We worked very hard at TRR Marketplace to provide functional filtering and searching. You can search by keywords, but also by species, weight, sex, age, price, trade, regional location, etc. You can get some pretty specific ad results.

At the same time, we are absolutely open to your feedback and suggestions, I would love to hear more specific suggestions from you on what you are looking for.

Feel free to contact me directly at Robyn@TheReptileReport.com, thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Robyn@SYR For This Useful Post:

Reptile Frenzy (07-17-2014)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mfedzen View Post
    The classifieds on Kingsnake go to spam folders. When I send an e-mail using their system I always have to check my spam folder for the breeder's reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

As a Buyer, I have actually purchased off of both Kingsnake and Fauna. I haven't had any issue with responses but my sample size is limited. As for TRR Marketplace, I am sorry to say until I read this thread I wasn't aware of it's existence. I will have to take a look. I will add as a caveat that I am not the most proficient user of this newfangled thing called the Interwebs. Still waiting for this fad to fade away like parachute pants. YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN AND I'M KEEPING YOUR BALL, YOU YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPERS!

Thanks
    I really like the TRRM. I've purchased a snake off of there before (I do like the buy it now feature from sellers I know I can trust). I like the setup of the site. I just wish it'd get more popular quicker. I've never really looked at king snake for purchasing. I did used to look at Fauna all the time and bought quite a few snakes from various sellers there.

When I start selling, I'm posting everywhere. More exposure and more chances to snag a buyer.
    Alluring Constrictors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast