Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,356

3 members and 3,353 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: a few questions

Thanks

Icc Starves Again-

ok i have a few questions today....

1.The last three times roxy has used the bathroom it has been in the same exact spot, does anybody elses BP do that.Do they pick a spot to always go in like a hamster would ??

2.last time i cleaned the reptile carpet in my tank i didnt use any bleach or soap but i made sure i rinsed it out really good.How much bleach should i use for a carpet thats measurements are 12 wide ,30 long ?? :?

3. i think im going to be leaving for korea for a little bit, like maybe three weeks soon becuase my dad has to go away there for a remote (if you are in the military you know what that is) and he will be in osan korea for a YEAR :shock: and we plan on going to visit a couple times, and i was thinking that i would ask donna (the breeder) if she either could come over and check to see if they are okay and feed them or if i could take them to her house. which one do you think would be better and/or less stressful for the snakes??

4. is 78 to low for a cool side ?? lately ive been havin some problems with my hunidity, its been to high (like 70) but i just dumped some water out of the dish and now its down to 60 (which is good right ?).And in the corns cage the probe on top of the heat pad reads 100 :o is that too high ??

ok i think thats all for now

ohh and i plan on trying to switch (again) roxy from pre killed to frozen. im gonna get a frozen rat and a live one and try the frozen first and if she takes it ill whack the other one and pop it in the freezer for nex time.so yeah, wish me luck on that. :lol:

Thanks
    mine go random
    25 % bleach rinse very,very,very, well
    the breeders house
    78 is fine as long as they go to hot side and warm up
    frozen is good especially when they go off feed, frozen=no parasites

thanks

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks
    well she spends alot of time on her cool side but at night she does go over there to the warm side and explore but she loves her cool hide.

you dont think it would stress them out being in a differnt place .......well they would be in thier own tank so i guess it wont be so bad.

i know her animals are not sick but you dont think they could catch anything ??
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    If she would watch them for you, then she would probably be the best choice. Having said that, she may not take them into her house just in case of cross-contamination, or maybe she just doesnt do that. I have no experience with her. I would definitely get a hold of her and see if she is willing and able to do it.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Im pretty sure she would do it if i asked her, she is a really nice lady and i consider her a friend . She takes in rescues so i dont think watching my snakes would be any differnt, after all one of my snakes(the corn) she sold to me. Roxy is very healthy and im sure she is not sick in any way (or at least i dont think).
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake