Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,383

2 members and 2,381 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: getting a tan

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    it seems odd to me, but roswell has been on the outside of his hide for a few days now. roswell is the snake that runs from bright lights, if he is out and a light is turned on he would hide. for the last few days, since i changed the substrate he has been out of his hides almost 24 hours a day. he hasnt even bothered to hide his head or eyes to get them away from light. now i am confused as to why he would sit outside any hides in the bright day light all day long, when he used to run at the bedroom light being turned on. he seems to be staying around the warm side hide, near the front corner of the cage. is he just getting braver as time goes by and is no longer worried about hiding from everything or what? just curious. it is strange to see a snake that hides from everything one day do the exact opposite.
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very brightly."

1.0 Ball Python "Roswell"
    1.0 Ball Python "Roo"

Thanks
    When i first got my bp which is about couple of months ago, she would always stay in her hide and comes out only when she feeling hungry. She would also **** her head back rapidly whenver i appoach. But now she seems to be out more and more, and not very headshy as before. I came out this morning about 9 and found her chilling out in her pool. I never seen her out in the morning! (shes not shedding nor having any mites) I think its a hint that she is getting comfortable with her surrounding. Maybe this is the case with your bp.

Thanks
    I recently cleaned my BPs substrate...And after I put it back in, he was exploring all day and all night. Wasn't in his hide at all. I'm not sure what it is...Maybe...It smells different? I don't really know.
    "...Don't be jealous just because I've been talking to babes on the internet all day."

Thanks
    My snake (no, wait, my little boy's snake) changed behavior when I changed the substrate. The original was some kind of wood chips. I switched to shop towels (heavy paper towels). I made sure to put a couple of extra layers of shop towels on the area over the UTH. Ever since, Slithery (name chosen by my son) never goes into his warm side hide. When we get him out to play after he's been haning in the cool side hide, he feels cool to the touch. Temps in the tank are fine. I am not sure what to do about this (if anything). Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Double post

That is strange, for a normally hiding snake to be out like that. I would check for any soiling in the hidespot; whenever one of my snakes craps in its hide, they will not stay in there (I can't blame 'em, hehe.)
    If that's not the case, you could try putting a piece of newstater or something in there, and see if he goes into that. I have one Bp who will never go into any hide I provide, but will somehow find a way underneath his newspaper substrate (and this is in a cage with good temperatures, etc.)
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    there was no poo in his hide, he lets em rip after his soaking, which are the same day as feedings. he just seemed too lazy to move back into his hide. the corner he is in is pretty dark i realized and think maybe enough sun light is blocked from his cage he doesnt have a problem coming out.. either that or he found a preffered hot spot. i do know the heat pad i use gets hot-spots.
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very brightly."

1.0 Ball Python "Roswell"
    1.0 Ball Python "Roo"