Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,403

3 members and 3,400 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Something odd just happened

My girl just did something rather odd that ive never seen before. I was feeding her and after she constricted and started to swallow it down she did this.
    Normally she curls around herself for leverage. Ive never seen her streighten herself out like this. And then after her meal she turned right around and slid down her body,

A third time.
    Usually shes trying to get out by now too.
    Whats going on DX is she ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I have some seen some *strange* contortions - and straightening outs - while snakes eat. Sometimes it's out straight pointed head down like that, sometimes it's stretched WAY up and then head down. Sometimes it's straight up and head toward the ceiling. Today for Atlas it was coiled around fairly normally but she ended up with her head stretched out upside down (almost on her back) before ending up periscoped up to finish.

At this point if it's just during feeding I write it off as 'it must be really hard to eat without hands' and move on.

Pretty freaking weird though.
    ---
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Pastel BP
    1.1 Black and White Banded Cal-King

2.3 Dogs
    0.4 Cats
    1.0 Husband
    2.0 Kids

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CptJack For This Useful Post:

alan12013 (07-04-2014)

Thanks

Re: Something odd just happened

Quote Originally Posted by CptJack View Post
    I have some seen some *strange* contortions - and straightening outs - while snakes eat. Sometimes it's out straight pointed head down like that, sometimes it's stretched WAY up and then head down. Sometimes it's straight up and head toward the ceiling. Today for Atlas it was coiled around fairly normally but she ended up with her head stretched out upside down (almost on her back) before ending up periscoped up to finish.

At this point if it's just during feeding I write it off as 'it must be really hard to eat without hands' and move on.

Pretty freaking weird though.
    Yes ive seen her corkscrew and do all kinds of things but never that... It scared me for a second cuz it was just really odd. And the way shes moving around all stretched out... Shes still bending as normal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Something odd just happened

Quote Originally Posted by CptJack View Post
    Not to mention swallowing something that is several times larger than your head, stretches out your neck so much that you can see right through the skin sometimes (try feeding a black hooded rat to a light colored snake...), and might even leave a visible lump in your belly...
    Casey