Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,156

0 members and 3,156 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Rack humidity decisions

I have my snakes in tubs with individual heat mats all of the connected to a thermostat. I am currently switching to a rack that came in the Mail last week after building it and fighting with the annoying pushing the heat tape into the slotted grooves, it's ready. With the tubs and other terrarium I have been using a spray bottle to up humidity when it's shed time. But I was wondering if anyone else had a more efficient way like, moving the water bowl very the heat tape or adding another water bowl etc. I don't mind spraying the tubs it gives me more time to see my babies but I also dont want long days at work and and late nights to result in bad sheds and me having to remove eye caps. Which has to be my least favorite thing in the world I would rather be bit.

Thanks
    Where you place the water bowl will determine humidity. If I place the bowl at the cool end low humidity. If I place it on the heat the w huh ole tub is covered in moisture. I find 60% towards the heat is perfect for my setup.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ElliotNess For This Useful Post:

ReagansViolent (07-03-2014)

Thanks

Re: Rack humidity decisions

Quote Originally Posted by ReagansViolent View Post
    I have my snakes in tubs with individual heat mats all of the connected to a thermostat. I am currently switching to a rack that came in the Mail last week after building it and fighting with the annoying pushing the heat tape into the slotted grooves, it's ready. With the tubs and other terrarium I have been using a spray bottle to up humidity when it's shed time. But I was wondering if anyone else had a more efficient way like, moving the water bowl very the heat tape or adding another water bowl etc. I don't mind spraying the tubs it gives me more time to see my babies but I also dont want long days at work and and late nights to result in bad sheds and me having to remove eye caps. Which has to be my least favorite thing in the world I would rather be bit.

Honestly Aslong as your room humidty it 50%+ just spray them once a day during shed and it should come out just fine. My babies <500g on paper get misted once a day during shed (i dont put water of heat tape as it causes buildup on the roof of the rack with the ARS i want to try to keep it from getting any rust!)

But the bigger ones on CoCo husk, get a fresh moist husk during shed, and i let it dry out as they finish shed, Re-moisten it when they going into shed again. Been doing this for a few months (since my ARS) have had a clean smooth shed every time!

Aswell every week the ones on paper get a nice mist when doing clean/new paper so that keeps humidty in good range.
    Last edited by CORBIN911; 07-03-2014 at 10:29 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CORBIN911 For This Useful Post:

ReagansViolent (07-03-2014)

Thanks

Re: Rack humidity decisions

I guess I should have mentioned I use newspaper as substrate good idea about the coco husk though