Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,484

1 members and 3,483 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks

Looking for Oregon advice plz

So I just moved back to the state after a very very long break. I don't really know anyone here when it comes to snakes. I am trying to find somewhere in the Eugene Oregon area that deals in snakes. Craigslist is so so I am realizing here now a days. I am trying to look for someone a little more legit if possible. I am looking into starting with 1-2 Ball pythons and have a 3rd slot open to whatever my other options are. I do have past experience owning multiple snakes so no worries about that part. Thank you tons to anyone who can help.

Thanks
    I wish I could help you, but I'm in the same boat! However, I'm near Medford. Still nothing around here except The Reptile Guyz, but I've read horrible reviews about them.
    Ball Python
    1.0 Caramel Albino - Galil
    0.1 Bumble Bee Vanilla - Bijoux

Corn Snake
    0.1 Normal - Nagini

Thanks
    Any luck yet guys? I've been lucking out with some good finds here and there. First two years I'll just pick up some of the CL level snakes but eventually I think we have to look towards big breeders depending on the direction you want to go. Hippy dude ad vulgar, are you a pet owner, hobbyist or are you wanting to breed pythons?

Thanks
    Just order offline. The extra 35-40.00 for shipping is well worth it, if you're in an area without a lot of selection and variety. With the internet and possibility to ship, you have danged near unlimited options. Even the two shops near me (and I am nowhere near you) will order from BHB or other big reptile breeders, buy their food from rodent-pro and Big Cheese Factor, and the one shop that has a rescue side ships out TO screened adopters. So, buying retail from them in MOST cases (animal or food) means you're just paying for their shipping costs + a mark-up so they can profit.

I don't have a problem with this, really (they're a locally owned business, I don't have to buy 50-100 of a given feeder size to feed one snake that will outgrow that size before I'm done, and sometimes I get immediate satisfaction - plus, they have a rescue aspect in taking unwanted and neglected herps in and rehabbing and adopting them out that the retail side funds). But if they weren't there, I wouldn't be missing a thing. The internet is an amazing resource for finding exactly what you want and having it delivered to your doorstep.

I have 2 snakes from the local shop, 1 from BHB/shipped, and 1 CL snake. I have no regrets about any of them, but the internet ordered snake is the one where I knew EXACTLY what I wanted - and got it. The CL snake, I just wanted a BP that wasn't the same as my normal, the normal and corn were cases of "I want a BP" and "Oh look, that snake's pretty and it's my birthday." The King - I knew I wanted a male black and white banded kingsnake and I got a male black and white banded kingsnake. If I was looking for breeding that would be HUGELY important, and even as just a pet owner - It's awfully nice.
    Last edited by CptJack; 07-03-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    ---
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Pastel BP
    1.1 Black and White Banded Cal-King

2.3 Dogs
    0.4 Cats
    1.0 Husband
    2.0 Kids

Thanks

Re: Looking for Oregon advice plz

Ya I am going to have to agree. I am starting to look online myself. I've seen probably the best lemon pastel ever on craigslist but it was too far for me to get unfortunately but other than that buying online is the best way to get quality. I did get lucky with my ghost and spider but my pastels I should have got online for about the same cost.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    The best lemon pastel ever wouldn't be on craigslist. Its picture might be...as part of a scam...

I've bought more snakes in person than I have had shipped. But I live in the DC metro area, and drive to PA frequently, so there's a lot of reptiles available in that area. Very few people have that much available to them "locally". If you can find a decent sized show near you, that's a good starting place, but mostly I'd recommend looking online and being open to having them shipped.
    Casey

Thanks
    There are also TONS of well known breeders at shows and online- good reputations, good/high quality animals.
    1.1 Pinstripe - Orion/Eos
    1.1 Lessers - Typhon/Kali
    0.2 Dinkers - Stella & Wildfire
    1.0 Desert - No Name
    1.0 Het Red Axanthic - No name
    0.1 Woma- Cayenne
    0.1 Cinnamon- Nutmeg
    2.1 Mojave- No names
    1.0 Mystic- No Name
    0.1 Mahagony- No Name
    1.0 Black Pastel- No Name
    1.0 SD Tiger Retic- Thor
    0.0.1 Green Tree Python (Apollo)
    0.2 Labs- Daisy & Ruby

Thanks

Re: Looking for Oregon advice plz

I'm known to exaggerate, it's a bad habit. But it clearly was a nice one: I used to live in Springfield Virgina. I miss that area.
    Last edited by alan12013; 07-03-2014 at 11:09 PM.