Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,327

0 members and 3,327 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: lemonblast x bee

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say the bottom middle snake isn't a killer blast, but it's a super blast. Everything else looks accurate. I'm 100% positive.
    I'd agree

Thanks

tnx sir

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h00blah View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say the bottom middle snake isn't a killer blast, but it's a super blast. Everything else looks accurate. I'm 100% positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I'd agree
    now im confused. bottom middle?

first of all, noone ever said killer blast. i think its a killer spinner, as in, super pastel pinstripe spider.

and WOBP lists the super pastel pinstripe as killer blast. but when you add another gene, like for example leopard, it turns into super blast. so a super pastel pinstripe on its own is a killer blast, add leopard, and now its a leopard super blast. except when you add hidden gene woma, then its a hidden gene woma killer blast. which makes absolutely no sense. so maybe super blast and killer blast are just synonymous, and WOBP is (as always) being very inconsistent about it. no matter if you search for killer blast or super blast, you will not be able to find everything, but it all contains super pastel pinstripe.

anyway, now, to end the confusion... are there two killer spinners / super spinners / 4-gene jackpots in that clutch or not?
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

h00blah (06-27-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    now im confused. bottom middle?

first of all, noone ever said killer blast. i think its a killer spinner, as in, super pastel pinstripe spider.

and WOBP lists the super pastel pinstripe as killer blast. but when you add another gene, like for example leopard, it turns into super blast. so a super pastel pinstripe on its own is a killer blast, add leopard, and now its a leopard super blast. except when you add hidden gene woma, then its a hidden gene woma killer blast. which makes absolutely no sense. so maybe super blast and killer blast are just synonymous, and WOBP is (as always) being very inconsistent about it. no matter if you search for killer blast or super blast, you will not be able to find everything, but it all contains super pastel pinstripe.

anyway, now, to end the confusion... are there two killer spinners / super spinners / 4-gene jackpots in that clutch or not?
    The WOBP names are totally out of whack haha. IMO, "killer" means it has super pastel and spider. Blast means it has pastel and pinstripe. So combining "Killer" and "Blast", you get a super pastel spider and the pinstripe gene. The people I talk to have accepted this as well, but I forgot that not everyone follows this like my little circle of friends . Sorry for the confusion.

But yeah, bottom middle is super pastel pinstripe, bottom LEFT is a super pastel pinstripe spider.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah, on closer inspection, I think bottom middle probably doesn't have the spider gene. That's what I get for answering too quickly. I think I was focused in on whether or not it was pastel vs super pastel (perhaps because of this thread: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-are-these-two ) and sorta forgot to consider whether it was spider/pin/spinner. Thank you Hooblah for not being a sheeple!

As far as the naming question... I think WOBP is inconsistent, but that isn't entirely their fault. There is something of a tradition that the first person to hatch out a new combo gets to name it, and of course when you have a big number of people naming things, it isn't totally consistent. I think of "killer" as meaning "super pastel". Although it isn't 100% consistent, most of the names on WOBP that have "killer" in them either don't contain spider in the gene mix, or contain something additional in the name to indicate spider. A killer clown is a super pastel clown, not a super pastel spider clown. A killer axanthic bee does contain spider... but the "bee" part of the name indicates that. So, super blast and killer blast are synonymous in my opinion.
    Casey

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
    Yeah, on closer inspection, I think bottom middle probably doesn't have the spider gene. That's what I get for answering too quickly. I think I was focused in on whether or not it was pastel vs super pastel (perhaps because of this thread: http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-are-these-two ) and sorta forgot to consider whether it was spider/pin/spinner. Thank you Hooblah for not being a sheeple!

As far as the naming question... I think WOBP is inconsistent, but that isn't entirely their fault. There is something of a tradition that the first person to hatch out a new combo gets to name it, and of course when you have a big number of people naming things, it isn't totally consistent. I think of "killer" as meaning "super pastel". Although it isn't 100% consistent, most of the names on WOBP that have "killer" in them either don't contain spider in the gene mix, or contain something additional in the name to indicate spider. A killer clown is a super pastel clown, not a super pastel spider clown. A killer axanthic bee does contain spider... but the "bee" part of the name indicates that. So, super blast and killer blast are synonymous in my opinion.
    Ah, very good points . My definition is flawed haha. My buddies know what I mean, but I'll stick to conventional names for forum posting lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    Dannnng. I believe I may have to do this same pairing sometime soon!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
    I think WOBP is inconsistent, but that isn't entirely their fault. There is something of a tradition that the first person to hatch out a new combo gets to name it, and of course when you have a big number of people naming things, it isn't totally consistent. I think of "killer" as meaning "super pastel". Although it isn't 100% consistent, most of the names on WOBP that have "killer" in them either don't contain spider in the gene mix, or contain something additional in the name to indicate spider. A killer clown is a super pastel clown, not a super pastel spider clown. A killer axanthic bee does contain spider... but the "bee" part of the name indicates that. So, super blast and killer blast are synonymous in my opinion.
    In this case it is their fault, BHB named it back when they made the combo first. Super Blast = Super Pastel Pin, Killer Blast = Super Pastel Pin Spider. It's a combination of the name Killer Bee and Super Blast. He didn't know at the time people were going to take the naming in an entirely different direction at the time. These names were on WoBP for a long time. Then for some reason, WOBP changes it to say NERD created the combo and changed the names. Regardless of NERD's own website at the time stating differently. https://web.archive.org/web/20110827...ast-super.html Notice BHB and others still sell under the original names.

I notice even "Bee" isn't consistent. Fire Bee is a Fire Pastel Spider. Sometimes it implies pastel sometimes not.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

h00blah (06-27-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    In this case it is their fault, BHB named it back when they made the combo first. Super Blast = Super Pastel Pin, Killer Blast = Super Pastel Pin Spider. It's a combination of the name Killer Bee and Super Blast. He didn't know at the time people were going to take the naming in an entirely different direction at the time. These names were on WoBP for a long time. Then for some reason, WOBP changes it to say NERD created the combo and changed the names. Regardless of NERD's own website at the time stating differently. https://web.archive.org/web/20110827...ast-super.html Notice BHB and others still sell under the original names.

I notice even "Bee" isn't consistent. Fire Bee is a Fire Pastel Spider. Sometimes it implies pastel sometimes not.
    here is how i would change things to make it consistent:

killer blast = super blast = super pastel pinstripe.
    killer bee = (dosnt exist yet, fortunately, super bee) = super pastel spider
    killer spinner = (doesnt exist, fortunately, super spinner) = super pastel spider pinstripe

"blast" indicates that there is pastel and pinstripe in there, without pastel, you instead use "pin"

and killer + anything generally is super pastel + anything.

i mean, when BHB made the names that way, he probarbly didnt consider that "spinner" for pinstripe + spider would be such a useful name and take over everything. and now we have blast for combos with pinstripe, and bee for combos with spider, and spinner for combos with both of them, and it is good. "blast" will fall out of fashion in combos that also contain spider, because people will now substitute "spinner" for "blast" in these cases.

now a real paradox is "spinner blast". consistent would be "lemon spinner", its lemonblast + spider, so spinner replaces blast. i guess people dont like lemons or something, or it just sounds better that way. now "spinner blast" still works because people somehow understand that it still contains pastel. because without pastel, you use "pin" instead of "blast".

"bee" is awfully inconsistent. based on the pattern i outlined so far, "bee" should mean it contains pastel and spider. otherwise, just use "spider", or sneak an "S" in there, like in spied = spider pied. but then there are abnormalities like "stinger bee" and "lesser bee". which may or may not contain pastel.

this is really fun for me, because it reminds me of a few semesters when i got some linguistic lectures and seminars. these processes have been studied. basically, when the meaning of words start to change towards higher consistency and usability, it cannot be stopped. and the minimalistic definition that "bee" is supposed to mean "pastel spider" is taking hold, and the idea that anything containing both pastel and spider is a "spinner" is taking hold even stronger and faster.

about WOBP:
    there are only two ways WOBP can deal with this, and avoid reducing the usability of WOBP. one way would be to give back the advanced search, where you could enter the genes basically like in the genetics calculator. and then the search would spit out all morphs and combos that contain all of the genes you selected, no exceptions, even if the name was weird and there were no tags. they removed it, without replacement, without a statement, without giving a reason. the genetics calculator still works on these principles, and the list of genes you see on the left when you look at a combo proves that the data is still there. they took the search away, and now the gentics calculator is a workaround. the second option WOBP has is to fix their search algorithms, and to add appropriate tags to all morphs which contain all the alternative names. right now, you search for "pinstripe spider" and get 31 results, mostly based on tags, and when you search for "spider pinstripe" you get 9 results. and many morphs will only show up in one of these two searches. as soon as you search for "spinner" you get so many results that you have to click "show more" on the bottom, and i dont even want to count. the advanced search used to show the number of search results. teaching the search algorithm that the order in which the words are typed does not matter is one line of code, and in google its default for most searches. teaching the search algorithm that "pinstripe spider" is synonymous to "spinner" is one line of code.

thats messed up. WOBP is seriously broken, it used to be less of a problem when they had the advanced search function, but now that they removed it, its just broken. it would be so easy to fix. but they WILL NOT FIX IT. i asked them several times, on this forum and in email, they just dont do anything about it, and the usability is seriously screwed up. the workaround of using the genetics calculator to produce the morph you dont know the name of is becoming popular. and its a pain in the .... (mind the bad word filter) cloaca.

its such a shame. the people running WOBP diminished the usability of their website and refuse to fix it, and they know about the problem, and they know the advanced search used to be a workable solution. i even offered to VOLUNTEER to add the right tags to morphs for them, but they did not respond to that email. basically its a kind of slow digital suicide, they dare others to take over by creating an alternative which will put them out of business. OWAL, forum member OhhWatALoser , is getting close.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

h00blah (06-27-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12