Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,464

1 members and 2,463 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Thread: Great news!

Thanks

Great news!

A lot of you have helped immensely so far with the purchase of my first ball python. Thanks to your care sheet and kind advise, he is doing well and is in the perfect environment :). He just ate for his third consecutive time with no issues. Woot woot!!

About a week ago, it acquired 2 additional bp's. They are both approximately one year old. The guy I purchased them from said the female is a picky eater and won't eat live food, and has a hard time eating frozen thawed as well. Unfortunately there is no frozen food available in my area. So I had to try live. I put her in a separate container, surrounded the container in a blanket to hopefully simulate a burrow. I put the mouse in its container next to her new "burrow" for about 10 minutes so she could get the scent of the mouse and prepare to feast. I dropped the mouse in and BAM! she got it almost instantly! Soooo happy that she fed! Edit: Just fed her a second mouse because they are small, and she got this one as well! :)

More great news. That same female shed a very nice one piece shed last night, and I was privileged in being able to watch! It was a rather long process and I watched for about 45 min and she was not quite done yet, so I left her alone to finish.

I am officially addicted :). Nothing wrong with that, right? lol. Thanks again for all of your amazing advice. And I'm always needing more, so keep it coming :)
    Last edited by Gary P; 06-25-2014 at 02:09 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary P For This Useful Post:

NH93 (06-25-2014)