Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,105

2 members and 1,103 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,583
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
    Thanks

pic of last sac....

These are the first pics of Munch that I've posted. As you can see, he had a pretty crappy shed recently. I've been trying to get the rest of the skin off, but it's tough. I made a humid hide for him yesterday, and I'm not sure what else to do. But here are some pics of him eating. Hope you enjoy them.

~ Kenji

0.1 Ball Python (Munch)

Thanks
    I like the blonde high-lights.
    Those pictures are huge.

Thanks
    Yep, those pictures are rather big. Might want to resize them.

Nice feeding pics. Other than the shed that's left over, he looks nice. He's got some nice white highlights. I look for that in bp's. High white is what sold me on the bp I chose from the breeders website. Now I've had her for 2-3 weeks now, and I still stare at her beautiful color and pattern in awe when I hold her.

One question though. Why is the mouse wet? I've heard some people say it's because it was a frozen thawed mouse or rat. But I've thawed 4 frozen mice in the little while I've had my bp, and the fur has always stayed dry in the thawing process.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    Thanks. Yeah, I think Munch has a very unique look.

Well, as far as the rat being wet,I usually leave my f/t rat out for a day, so I assume it was from condensation.
    ~ Kenji

0.1 Ball Python (Munch)

Thanks
    i would try to get that extra shed off of him.

they way i thaw is......leave the rodent out for a long time in room temp air, and then warm it up with somthing, either a heat pad or a heat lamp works good, i tried the whole warm bag in water but the mice get wet sometimes.

i only feed frozen pinkies to my baby corn snake and pinkies are really easy to thaw, i dont know about larger things, such as rats, i just pre kill those.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    Getting the extra shed off is the plan. I'm going to let him digest for a couple days, then I'm gonna work on it. I'm also going to a Herp meeting tomorrow, so I'll also get some tips there. Thanks.
    ~ Kenji

0.1 Ball Python (Munch)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

reptile show today

Quote Originally Posted by BigKenjDogg
    Well, as far as the rat being wet,I usually leave my f/t rat out for a day, so I assume it was from condensation.
    Not so sure if this is a good idea....bacteria can grow pretty quickly, I wouldn't leave it out all day if I were you.
    I usually pop my f/t feeders in a Ziplock, thaw in an ultra-hot cup of water, and pop under a heatlamp right before feeding to make sure the snakes pick up on the heat. Never had a problem with feeding wet, though; maybe Roo thinks the rats went swimming before getting into her tank?
    0.1 Ball -Ruby-
    0.1 Viper Boa -Vash-
    ....and lots and lots of feeder mousies.....

Thanks
    Cody, It's funny you mentioned that your F/T rats aren't wet after you defrost them.
    I was on another forum and they were discussing how to "dry" rats.
    I asked why the hell are they rats wet if they put them in a tight zip-lock bags?
    They asked me if I was a beginner to defrosting rats, rotfl.

BigKenJDogg, If I was you ... I'd get that rest of the shed off before feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon.O
    i would try to get that extra shed off of him.

they way i thaw is......leave the rodent out for a long time in room temp air, and then warm it up with somthing, either a heat pad or a heat lamp works good, i tried the whole warm bag in water but the mice get wet sometimes.

i only feed frozen pinkies to my baby corn snake and pinkies are really easy to thaw, i dont know about larger things, such as rats, i just pre kill those.
    Defrosting rats isn't hard at all, you just put em in a baggy ... the baggy goes into the hot water ... after ten minutes, pour out the water ... and pour in some more hot water.
    I also put my rats under a heat lamp to get them nice and warm so its easier for my BP to pick up its heat.

Thanks

Going to white plains

Yep, I do the same thing. They already come in a nicely sealed baggy from the petshop, so I just fill a small rubbermaid sandwich container with hot tap water, and put the mousie in the water. I just put a heavy enough glass in to weigh the bag down so the bag-o-mouse is fully submerged. Since I'm still only feeding my ball adult mice, they only take about 20 minutes to thaw out. Then by then it's 8 or 9 o'clock, so time to feed. So I just take the mouse out of the baggy, and put it under my heatlamp for 5 minutes to get nice and warm. Never had a problem feeding yet. (knock on wood)
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UberAlice
    Not so sure if this is a good idea....bacteria can grow pretty quickly, I wouldn't leave it out all day if I were you.
    I usually pop my f/t feeders in a Ziplock, thaw in an ultra-hot cup of water, and pop under a heatlamp right before feeding to make sure the snakes pick up on the heat. Never had a problem with feeding wet, though; maybe Roo thinks the rats went swimming before getting into her tank?
    There's been an misunderstanding. I leave it out for 3-4 hours, still frozen, but less frozen then what it was. Rats are thick, so it's like a frozen chicken. I'm not worried about bacteria. Then I run it under hot tap water in a plastic bag.

So I know everyone's obviously a resident expert, but I also understand what I'm doing. Thanks for all the tips.
    ~ Kenji

0.1 Ball Python (Munch)