Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,189

3 members and 3,186 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Who said ball pythons don't climb?

Well we had an escape this evening, but all ended well. My mother-in-law who has lived with us the last few years, had retired for the evening. We set her up in the finished basement. Im sitting in the living room with the Misses when I get a call from the in-law saying there is someone in her living room. I go down to find one of our females had escaped from my homemade rack (obviously I will be making some modifications tomorrow) and managed to get on top of a seven foot tall cabinet. From the looks of things she must have scaled a series of items, starting with the end table nearby. It looks like she then free climbed onto a hanging picture, as it was kiltered on the wall. From there it was one last push until she finally reached the summit of Mt. Cabinet. Though she lacks eye brows, the ability to smile, or any real form of facial expression for that matter, I still got the sense that she was rather impressed with herself. But just as equally, she was quite displeased with me when I so abruptly ended her adventure. I think she shant speak to me for a week or more. We'll see.

The in-law took it all in stride. She doesn't mind the snakes at all which is pretty good for a lady in her late 70's. She'll even hold the babies occasionally. It just scared her when she heard something moving outside her bedroom and she was certain we were all upstairs. The snake knocked over one of the brick a bracks on top the cabinet.

Anyways, circling back around to the title, perhaps BPs are only ground dwelling in Africa.

Thanks
    Ha! I would never even think to look up when my snakes get loose! That's hilarious!
    Ball Pythons
    1.1 het pied
    2.0 spider
    0.2 pastel
    1.1 spider het pied
    1.0 sterling pastel
    0.1 lesser
    1.0 special
    0.1 mojave
    1.0 albino black pastel

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eclipse3 For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (06-14-2014)