Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,172

0 members and 3,172 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    :whew:! Glad you found her. The folks who've been on here a while will remember that I had a period of weeks where it seemed every critter in the house took a turn escaping, so I definitely know the feeling. That was a quick find, though, and kudos to the cat for helping fix her mistake.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    It's all about the slide-screen-top cages. I've lost a few snakes... for a time. I was using the ol' books on a lid trick and the same snake got out three times, but went as far as under the couch that was 2 feet away. Although, once she wedged herself under the stove fireplace. I closed off all access with a monopoly box, but cut a small hole in it large enough for the snake to get into. It was winter, so it was cold. I then put a heat lamp over the monopoly box, and sure enough a few minutes later the snake moved to where the lamp was heating up the box.
    Another one... well, I was drinking and left the snake on a chair and suddenly remembered I left it out. It was gone! I searched everywhere!! So, the next day I got home from work and took a nap. When I woke up it was dark out, and all the lights were out. I thought this would be the best time to creep around the house to see if I could see any slithery thing moving around. I looked in the kitchen and saw a little dark shadow on my white tile kitchen floor coming out from under the refrigerator. GOT HIM!

Thanks
    congrats.....now if i can be that lucky.

Thanks
    This is so weird, I read how UberAlices ball escapes ... and I was thinking that will never happend to me.
    I walk past Tantrum's enclosure and see that she defecated, so I clean it up ... and start picking up her hides to check up on her ... guess what ... SHE WASN"T IN THERE ...
    Whats really weird is how I've been reading about ball pythons getting out ... and now mine ran out on me!
    Thankfully I found her about three feet away, she managed to climb under my bed sheet cover.
    I only had to search for about twenty minutes thankfully.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    That's awesome, Blink. Roo apparently got out a few weeks ago and Audrey found her, but she was just asleep under a blankie about 2 feet away. I rigged the cage up with a padlock now...no way she's getting out unless the cat somehow figures out how to pick locks.
    Bait, yeah, I have a slide-lock top on both my tanks. Vash has a pin-and-hole lock on her tank, while Roo has a padlock (Vash has never tried to get out before). This month has definitely taught me to not overestimate my trust in my critters.
    0.1 Ball -Ruby-
    0.1 Viper Boa -Vash-
    ....and lots and lots of feeder mousies.....

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Urrr....
    I had my small male BP Cypher escape on me twice earlier this year...I tore the whole apartment up looking for him the first time and eventually found him in my closet behind some old clothes...the second time I could not find him at all for two weeks and I gave up...until about 4:30 am one morning when I heard a crash in my bedroom and when I turned on the light there he was on my bookcase....he had knocked over some books and I swear he had a sheepish look to him... I now follow the rule that an escaped animal will show up when they are darn good and ready...you can look for days and never find them until they decide to make an appearance...

EyeLashViper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12