Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,637

1 members and 2,636 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bad shed

Thanks
    Are you using something to keep the pillow case warm enough for him? Where is the pillow case? If you are worried, i would take him out and leave him out of it until you get hone.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Thanks. Well, I'm not sure if I should be worried about him. What do you think? Can he get belly rot if left in there too long?
    ~ Kenji

0.1 Ball Python (Munch)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    roos shed still has not come off. i think i am going to try the suana method. or the pillow case. i dont think i have a tupperware big enough for her to fit in. we went ahead and fed her last night cause most her shed is off. just a good chunck in the middle remains. she ate very well last night. i dropped the rat in, and nudged it around a bit, and she struck. the first time she hit the tongs, and the second time she got the rat right in the head.
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very brightly."

1.0 Ball Python "Roswell"
    1.0 Ball Python "Roo"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I came up with the sauna method after trying the pillowcase method and not feeling too comfortable with it (besides it didn't work too well for me). I just started thinking - if someone put a wet cloth over your mouth and nose and you couldn't use your hands to move it you could suffocate. That's why when you see them capturing giant anacondas they put a sock on its mouth but have to make sure it doesn't get wet. I'm probably just worrying too much.

With the sauna, be sure to put on the warm side (I like to cover wth a towel so it's dark and a bit more secure feeling for the snake) and I leave in for a minimum of 1 hour - and don't forget the air holes!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Kontron and BigKenjDogg - just wondering how things went with the sauna (if you tried it) or with whatever metod you tried?
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    roo shed after 2 soaks and a day in her usual cool side hide. changed out the substrte, using eco-erath, and it helped the shed come off. still came off in flakes, but it was coming off. the bad sheds are always the same place on her body. they hapen mostly in the middle of her body in one large spot. any reason for this?
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very brightly."

1.0 Ball Python "Roswell"
    1.0 Ball Python "Roo"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12