Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,273

2 members and 3,271 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Help deciding match for albino

After a while looking for some males i finally got the opcion to buy eather a Pastel YB or a mojave fire. The YB es an adult and its around 250 euros and the mojave fire is around 300grs and its 280 euros. I have been thinking and thinking but i dont know which one to choose i liko both of them and both of them could give lots of cool combos in the future. I'm new in this of breeding ball pythons the albino is my first ball python but i have breed lampropeltis.
    If someone could help me or advice me i will be very thanked. Yes its in euros because i live in spain and here we dont have many opcions of ball pythons morphs.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    I think all the morphs mentioned make pretty unimpressive albinos on their own. You could work toward a red eye version of the supers, but even that isn't a big visual change for quite a bit of work.Have you looked into enchi with albinos? some of them develop different shades of yellow for a pretty impressive effect imo. Like this guy: http://www.reptilescanada.com/galler...bino_Enchi.jpg Then pattern morphs also show up well with albino, just figure for the work you put in, you would like to have a different looking animal as the result. Either way good luck with your project.

Thanks

Re: Help deciding match for albino

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I think all the morphs mentioned make pretty unimpressive albinos on their own. You could work toward a red eye version of the supers, but even that isn't a big visual change for quite a bit of work.Have you looked into enchi with albinos? some of them develop different shades of yellow for a pretty impressive effect imo. Like this guy: http://www.reptilescanada.com/galler...bino_Enchi.jpg Then pattern morphs also show up well with albino, just figure for the work you put in, you would like to have a different looking animal as the result. Either way good luck with your project.
    Yes i tryed to get eather an enchi, lesser or a clown but i didnt find it here in spain you dont have where to choose there are a few guys that have something but nothing worth it the only ones that were price/quality good are this guys i told before but as you say it would be a very long work for getting something good. I agree with you enchi is a very good gen that make wounderful combos and if you continue any line of enchis it gets better with time but i havent found one enchi here and i've been looking for around a year maybe more. Thanks ohwataloser.
    If someone knows anyone that sells here in spain or maybe that ship to spain i would be glad to take a look and in the best case buy something.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Unless Spain has some sort of special rules that make it difficult, many of the big breeders here ship internationally. I don't know how it works or how much it costs. If you need somewhere to start I know BHB ships internationally, you could at least talk to him to see if it is possible and how much it costs. If it is possible, you should have a handful of breeders over here to choose from.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

DanielSan (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    you could ask "M&S Reptilien", thats Stefan Broghammers company, they are located in southern Germany so thats rather close. They have a huge amount of BP morphs. Maybe they ship to Spain.

also, reptile shows are an excellent way to move BPs around the planet. if there is any reptile show nearby, visit it. all the breeders that are going to the reptile show with their reptiles can bring the BPs you want to the show for you.

the main problem is that for international sales, you need the CITES paperwork, and thats difficult to get. so while many breeders sell internationally, most of them only do so for large orders.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pythonfriend For This Useful Post:

DanielSan (06-06-2014)