Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,990

5 members and 2,985 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,108
Threads: 248,544
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, charcharbinks
    Thanks

Lazy summer days as a tort...

My girl, Henry, is out in the house during the day to make sure she can get as much exercise as she wants and since it's warmed up, we've had the front door open to let the sun and breeze in. Henry discovered this and now looks forward to the door being opened so she can go lay down and kick her legs back for some relaxation. I'm pretty sure it's her version of being at the beach. She'll rest her head on the step and relax, sometimes sleeping in the sun. When she's done that for awhile, she goes to check for 'the invader' as we call it which would be her reflection in a mirror. Before I turned the mirror around, she'd bang into it to drive the 'other tort' away. I knew she was aggressive towards others when I got her (the pet shop thanked me for taking her because she always beat up on the others) which worked for me since I only ever wanted to have one. She's definitely a joy to have around though and will beg to be let outside to graze when it's warm enough. I don't have an outside pen set up so I go out and sit with her while she wanders around. It's amazing how well she learns the area. No matter where I put her inside, she goes right to the front door in the morning and when I set her in the backyard, she'll make a beeline for her favorite dandelion spot whether that's a few inches or 30 feet away. Such a smart little critter!

Ball Pythons: 1.1 Pastave (Regulus and Ceti), 0.1 Albino (Aria), 0.1 Lesser (Daenerys), 0.1 Mojave (Sangria), 1.0 Enchi Pastel (Declan), 0.1 Normal (Sydney), 1.0 Lesser pos. het Clown/Pied (Loki), 1.0 het Clown pos. het lavender albino (Liam), 0.2 het Clown (Cara and Milly)

Corn Snakes: 1.0 Blizzard (Flurry)

Other: 0.1 Bearded Dragon (Faranth), 0.1 Russian Tortoise (Henry), 1.1 Dogs (Floppy and Lucy), 2.1 Cats (Jack, Brando, and Godiva), 1 Very Understanding Husband

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dracoluna For This Useful Post:

Pyrate81 (06-11-2014),sunnyscales2day (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Thats awesome. She looks great.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,311 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Tortie!! Ty for sharing.

That's awesome. Turtles do have intelligence and are capable of learning. How much, I'm not sure. I've heard stories of some people letting their slightly bigger torts(red-footed and smaller sulcattas) roam the house at their leisure and being litter pan trained.
    -Yar

1.0.0 Albino Black Rat snake(Wafer)
    0.0.1 California King snake(Oreo)
    0.0.1 African Housesnake(Cupcake)
    0.0.1 Honduran Milk snake(Blackjack)
    0.0.2 Normal BP(Petey; Twix)
    0.0.1 Yellow Rat Snake(Dijon)
    0.0.1 Madagascar Speckled Hognose(Granola)[RIP]
    1.0.0 Albino Nelson's Milk snake(Candy Cane)
    1.0.0 Lesser BP(Creme Brulee)
    1.0.0 Mojo BP(Brownie)
    0.1.0 Black Motley Corn snake(Anisette)
    0.0.1 Pueblan Milk snake[Fostering, Taco Grande]
    0.1.0 West African Mud Turtle(Bulger)
    0.2.0 Red Eared Slider(Squirtle, Turtwig)
    1.0.0 Rat Terrorier(Ranger)