Hello, All.

My son has a juvenile beardie that we purchased in February of this year. I believe he was born last November or so. Currently, we are feeding him about a dozen or so crickets twice a day and giving him fresh greens twice a day. Every once in awhile (once a week at most), he also is fed some meal worms.

Soon, we will be going on a weeklong (7 day) vacation. Someone will be watching our menagerie of dogs, cats, fish, ball pythons, and the beardie; however, I want to minimize how much the housesitter has to do to take care of the beardie. As a result of how many crickets the beardie is eating these days, we end up shopping for crickets at least twice a week, buying 100 at a time. I'd like to avoid the housesitter having to buy crickets while we are gone, and I think if we buy more than 200 crickets, they won't survive the whole week. Thus, I'm wondering what all you other beardie owners do when you go on vacation. What do you feed your beardies? How long can they go without food? Any suggestions for vacation care and feeding for beardies?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.