Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,444

2 members and 3,442 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

New Website Created... Feedback

So I made my first website. Would love you guys to check it out and give me any feedback... Comments/Suggestions?

http://www.carolinaroyalpythoninvestments.com/

Thanks in advance,
    Landon Baier

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 615 Posts
    i like it! really digging the dark textured background.

a few nitpicky things i would change personally:
    -make the black background "fixed" so it doesn't scroll with the page. it adds a little depth to it.
    -on your navigation, when i hover over the link right next to the "active" one, the blue lines run together. i'd either shrink them down a tad so they don't touch, or maybe raise the line under the active link up 20 or 30 pixels.
    -on your contact page, maybe make the text input boxes squared off with corners, or at least not quite as round. everything else is cornered off so it seems a little out of place.
    -again on your contact page, at the bottom where you have your email and "visit our facebook," make the text smaller. no need to make it so big. people will be looking for it on the contact page anyways, and shrinking it down some will make it look more "professional."

overall though, i like it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: New Website Created... Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeGeek View Post
    -on your navigation, when i hover over the link right next to the "active" one, the blue lines run together. i'd either shrink them down a tad so they don't touch, or maybe raise the line under the active link up 20 or 30 pixels.
    -on your contact page, maybe make the text input boxes squared off with corners, or at least not quite as round. everything else is cornered off so it seems a little out of place.
    my suggestion would be to remove the line on the hover, it is still indicated by the text color change. just leave the line for the current page.
    As for the contact page, I actually see nothing wrong with separating styling of the forms from the rest of the page personally. To each their own.
    I would also suggest you use another email address as yahoo and aol have a rep of triggering spam. Don't need your messages going to someones spam folder by accident.
    If you visit this site everyday, consider adding your bp.net name as a contact, I have gotten a few inquires with it. http://ball-pythons.net/forums/priva...=newpm&u=15403
    I also feel the cart system doesn't look very good when dealing with animals and it is not functioning right now anyways, so possibly just have a link to the contact page.

all I got, nice job.

Thanks

I agree with what OhhWatALoser said. I would however, suggest that you ad a "TOS" page to outline your terms of service in writing. That lets buyers know your shipping practices/rates, how you will handle disputes, etc. It also saves your butt if someone comes back and tells you that you didn't outline __________ and now there's an issue. You can point back to the TOS and say "Yes...I told you about _______".

Thanks

I love the simplicity of your website. I also love that Lesserbee female you have for sale. I will definitely be checking your website out now and then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered User Black Hills Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it. Simple is the way to go. The one thing that I don't like and it's just a personal preference is on Mobile the contact page where you put in information I don't like I wouldn't put my info in there I prefer to to have an email address or phone number that way I know it's not going to be ignored or sent to junk mail.

Thanks
    Very nice, I do love the weebly builder, used it too. It looks like you have the standard account upgrade at least, so you can add to the footer if you want, or at least shrink it and the Weebly text to make it less prominent.