Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

0 members and 3,317 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Fed up with FedEx.

I am furious with FedEx today. More specifically, with our usual driver. He's always been relatively on time, give or take maybe a half an hour. So, I wasn't too stressed out when he wasn't here directly at 1030 this morning with my granite pinstripe, as I know slight delays come up with traffic and stuff.

Well, 1pm rolls around and I finally call FedEx. They sent out another person to follow his route and found out that my driver STOPPED AT A FRIENDS HOUSE before continuing his deliveries. I was worried sick about Athena, the granite pin.

She finally arrived around 130pm, warm and safe, but scared beyond belief. She is very skittish and nippy, but I can't blame the girl. She apparently had a bowel movement at some point during shipping, so she was in a bag with her own feces, which I could have taken care of sooner if my driver wasn't an incompetent idiot. I was just happy that she arrived alright and without any complications.

Anyway, this is Athena. Not too happy, but definitely safe and sound. She seems to have settled down a bit now that she's out of her box and into something a little more roomy. I can't wait for her to be through with quarantine so I can put her with the rest of the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~*Carrie Ann
    Snake tongued snake keeper.

There's a reason I'm a snake lover... Reptiles;
    1.0 Fat Tailed Gecko - Cinnamon
    1.0 Mojave Yellow Belly - Thor
    1.0 Yellowbelly - Loki
    0.1 Granite Pinstripe - Athena
    1.0 Normal - Zagavor... Other Babies;
    1.0 Husband - Matthew
    1.1 Children - Rory & Aliya
    0.2 Hedgehogs - Chloe, & Rubi Malone
    0.1 Miniature Dachshund - Charlie Renee
    1.0 Beta fish - Swimmy
    1.0 Koi - Hulk
    1.0 Rose Hair Tarantula - Hari... Angel Baby;
    1.0 Ball Python - Riley.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    2 questions.............
    How does this have anything to do with FedEx themselves, other than they hired an idiot as a driver?
    Why didn't you pick it up at the hub instead of knowing it could be on the truck all day?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (05-16-2014)

Thanks

Re: Fed up with FedEx.

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    2 questions.............
    How does this have anything to do with FedEx themselves, other than they hired an idiot as a driver?
    Why didn't you pick it up at the hub instead of knowing it could be on the truck all day?
    FedEx hasn't tried to fix anything besides "oh sorry" and I feel like that's not okay.

Normally I do pick them up at the hub but my car was totaled and my husband had the only other vehicle. I had no way of getting there today. Tried asking friends and such because of work or college finals. I figured I would try one day. Never again. This was ridiculous.
    ~*Carrie Ann
    Snake tongued snake keeper.

There's a reason I'm a snake lover... Reptiles;
    1.0 Fat Tailed Gecko - Cinnamon
    1.0 Mojave Yellow Belly - Thor
    1.0 Yellowbelly - Loki
    0.1 Granite Pinstripe - Athena
    1.0 Normal - Zagavor... Other Babies;
    1.0 Husband - Matthew
    1.1 Children - Rory & Aliya
    0.2 Hedgehogs - Chloe, & Rubi Malone
    0.1 Miniature Dachshund - Charlie Renee
    1.0 Beta fish - Swimmy
    1.0 Koi - Hulk
    1.0 Rose Hair Tarantula - Hari... Angel Baby;
    1.0 Ball Python - Riley.

Thanks
    I have had them deliver them as late as 3ish in the afternoon, and they were fine, and I wasn't stressed about it..anxious to get them, but not stressed. Personally I think Fed Ex does a great job...jmo. And just because he pooed in the bag doesn't mean he did it between 10:30 and 1:30. Usually breeders will ship with a paper towel in the bag to help with that a little, but by no means was it harmful to your snake..which by the way is a beauty

Thanks

Fedex doesnt deliver to my place until after 3pm. Last live shipment tgat was delivered to my house was 5pm. So I switched and have everything delivered to hub which is 90 miles away and have a friend of mine pick it up for me. I just have it addressed to him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    Initially I was thinking...what's the big deal? Until I read "my driver STOPPED AT A FRIENDS HOUSE before continuing his deliveries." As long as it was packed well, it should be fine, but that's really unsat...

and I don't think a few extra hours would have scared her any more than the rest of the trip...

Doesn't sound like FedEx is doing much about this, but I've got to think someone has had a "talk" with the driver...especially if they found out he was chilling at a buddies house while he's supposed to be working...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,861 Times in 4,780 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnnx3 View Post
    FedEx hasn't tried to fix anything besides "oh sorry" and I feel like that's not okay.
    The seller paid for 10:30 delivery and should be kicking FedEx for a refund of that portion of the bill.

I'm glad the new arrival is ok.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    The seller paid for 10:30 delivery and should be kicking FedEx for a refund of that portion of the bill.

I'm glad the new arrival is ok.
    I guess that would depend on where the OP is located...according to Fedex's website...for Fedex Priority Overnight...

"Delivery by 10:30 a.m. the next business day to most areas; by noon, 4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. to remote areas."

Another section of their website states..."Next-business-day delivery by 10:30 a.m. to most U.S. addresses"

and I assume this page lets you find out for sure... https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/hom...ack+Rates+Corp

They don't make it easy...
    Last edited by sho220; 05-17-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (05-18-2014)

Thanks
    From the little I know, FedEx is pretty strict with their drivers. He may not have gotten fired like he should have, but I'd bet money he got reamed good and wrote up. The fact that he had time sensitive deliveries aside, that was incredibly unprofessional. And FedEx does bear some of the responsibility for having hired a poor worker.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I think late deliveries are crap. If im paying for an animal and it arrives later than 10:30 then I would be pissed too. Especially if it was in the winter or in summer. Why dont I go pick my snakes up at my hub? Ummm because I work from 7am until about 7pm with no breaks. I rely on Fedex and their drivers, which represent their company so the drivers are Fedex , to make my deliveries at the time it is suppose to. just my 2 cents take it how you would like...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast