Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,357

0 members and 3,357 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    :| Well, hey everybody,
    I felt the need to tell someone about the secret life I am leading....I am a closet herper....Now the apartment building that I am living in is sort of strict and I just bet the management would go nuts if they knew my bedroom is a veritable herp laboratory - but I am cunning you see and I have all my herps in my closet - I have totally restructured it to where I have all my snakes and heat lamps and equipment located and situated where I can just close my closet door and you would never know that I have all kinds of crazy snakes in there.

In fact my whole apartment is arranged this way so that in the event of a sudden intrusion by management or an unwelcome visit, there is nothing to lead anybody to believe that I am actually a snake nut. Man, it sucks but when you rent an apartment you gotta be prepared for this kind of $#@&* ...I am sure that anybody out there renting knows what I mean.You got no privacy ....... :x

What sucks is that I would LOVE to have a nice Green Tree Python setup in my living room as a display but that would be a bust....it frustrates me because I really want a Chondro.... :cry: :roll:

And I am paranoid too....I am out here in the big city of Los Angeles and I have heard that the police use thermal imaging systems in the Police helicopters to pick up the heat signatures from people growing pot in their closets...man my closet must seem like a green house because it is hot in there what with all my snakes set up ...... :shock:

Of course there is my little library of herpetological books on my dresser that might draw notice...hmmm.....hmmm.....

EyeLashViper

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    LOL!
    Well if they ever bust down your door lookin' for dope, at least they won't find any...but the apt. manager will be on to you!!
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    well the last apartment i was in, i became good friends with the managers daughter....and of course that leads to being good friends with the manager. i kinda clued her in that i wanted a snake and she said "all we're worried about is animals that will soil carpets, such as cats and dogs" Are people allowed to keep fish? if so, why would a snake be any different? only difference i can see is u can take them out of their cage. if you talk to your manager and say "i have only one snake..and i can assure you that it will never ever get out of his cage" then why should it be a problem?

Thanks
    um the manager's son of this building has a friggin garter snake and he told me i couldn't have the corn snake i had before(rip) so i took amy(the albino corn) down their and frightened the crap otu of him(my mom was with me so i couldn't do too much damage. but once he held her after i freaked him out he said does it stay that size(she was a hatchling) and i lied and said yeah and he said only snakes that stay that big. so i lied and got to keeep amy. but the building is under new management so he doesn't care what animal ya have just as long as ya pay the rent lmao.
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Thanks
    (I'm not proud to admit it, but) I just moved back into my parents house a few months ago, very recently after we bought our snake. At the time, I didn't know my mom hated snakes. Well, I know now. She lost it when I told her. She would never make us get rid of it, but she expressed how much she hated it. So basically since then, I've had to live a secret snake life too (sorta). She knows about it, but it's best if I don't mention it around her.

(Oh gosh, in hindsight I just made myself look like a 6 year old. Oh where, oh where did my masculinity go?!)
    Up my dosage plz.

Thanks
    I guess that we are lucky because our landlord loves snakes. he will actually stop in from time to time and watch us feed them. He is really a great guy.
    If I had a landlord who did not allow snakes, I would definately change the locks in the apt. or lock the closet so he can not find out. I sudder to think what'd happen if he did; in this lawsuit-crazy times, you never know who will sue you for something stupid.

Maybe you can get the tree python and put it in your living room, and tell people it's a taxidermy mount? ?
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    it's funny how even when you talk to people and mention reptiles they get turned off and start lookin' at ya like you are an alien...i love it!! thats when i have to mention breeding tarantula's..then ya really get em' squirmin'....
    don't ya love the look on your bosses' face when ya ask for a saturday off to go to a reptile show?(most people go to weddings)
    when you tell your co-workers what you bought @ the show and how a spitting cobra spit at you and venom ran all down the glass...how cool is that..then they think you r nuts!?
    or when your nieghbors won't talk to you cuz you play with vipers and tarantula's in your back yard.
    People don't understand, guess thats why we have these forums........cuz most of us lead the " double " life.