Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,247

2 members and 3,245 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Not eating

Thanks

Not eating

OK so I'm sure I'm being a worried mom, but my female ball python hasn't eaten in 3 months and had lost about 60 grams. I just changed her into a new bin this week to see if it would help and she just refused. How long do you think I should wait before trying live. She's always eaten f/t. I don't want to feed live because I worry about her getting hurt and only wanting to eat live. F/T r cheaper and way easier to keep and I don't feel as bad lol. Or do any of you have any different advice?

Thanks

Re: Not eating

How much did she weigh before she went on strike? 60g is virtually nothing to an adult or subadult - mine fluctuate that much and more just between feeds/poops. I've had one girl in the 600g range go nearly 4 months, then resume with no problem when she felt like it, and dropped no more than 50-60g during her fast.

I'd give her a week of peace and quiet since her tub change, and then offer live. Supervise so you can intervene if there's a problem, and maybe try slightly smaller prey than she's accustomed to. If she still refuses, don't offer again for 2 wks or so. She may be stressed out by too-frequent offerings.

Has she eaten for you in the past? Any signs of illness? Check your husbandry, make sure everything's ideal, and if she's got some size on her, I wouldn't start to worry yet.

Good luck to you, it's all part of the ride
    0.1 sulfur
    0.1 hypo enchi
    0.1 crystal
    1.0 vanilla cream het hypo
    0.1 leopard cinnamon
    1.0 calico pastave
    1.0 hypo black pewter lesser
    0.1 hypo black pewter yellow belly
    0.1 pastel lesser

Thanks
    Thank you my husbandry seems fine right temps and humidity ambient is around 80-81 and hot spot is 90. humidity is between 50-60. She was 580 now she's 520. She is a year and a half. So to me she is way smaller then she should be. I'll try giving her 2 weeks without and try f/t one more time and then I'll try live if it doesn't work. She ate great for me, but in December I moved her into my new rack system and it's been a nightmare ever since.