Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,404

1 members and 3,403 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    What channel is Venom ER on, I'd love to catch it.

Thanks
    Animal Planet. Its a good show.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by led4urhead
    Moderately - they play a bit too heavily on the "snakes are coldblooded killers" angle sometimes, although that's due to AP's editing, not so much the views of the actual medical staff on the show. A lot of the in-between narration likes to portray snakes in a terribly ominous light...

Really when you think about it, venom is a very impractical form of self-defense as the animal can easily be killed before the venom has time to take effect, barring any instances of anaphylactic shock in the bite victim, of course. On the show, however, they neglect to mention facts like this & almost portray snakes as being "out to bite" people.

Just my $.02...I realize I'm horribly biased.

K

Thanks

used to be pandora close ups.. apollo now :)

Quote Originally Posted by KLG
    Quote Originally Posted by led4urhead
    Moderately - they play a bit too heavily on the "snakes are coldblooded killers" angle sometimes, although that's due to AP's editing, not so much the views of the actual medical staff on the show. A lot of the in-between narration likes to portray snakes in a terribly ominous light...

Really when you think about it, venom is a very impractical form of self-defense as the animal can easily be killed before the venom has time to take effect, barring any instances of anaphylactic shock in the bite victim, of course. On the show, however, they neglect to mention facts like this & almost portray snakes as being "out to bite" people.

Just my $.02...I realize I'm horribly biased.

K
    I tend to agree about it being somewhat biased. The medical staff seems to try to present it in a way that isnt swayed either way, however any network is going to try to make money by getting viewers up. They ( the network ) plays on the general public's fear and lack of good information.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    Thanks I'll try to get a tv guide and catch it.

Thanks
    Venom ER is a decent show and really bennificial to those that live in that area and have to deal with rattlers on a daily basis. Oh and Dr. Bush removed all his hots from his house prior ot his son being born. So even an someone like him who deals with snakes all the time knew not to have them around children. IMO Hots all best left to the Zoo's
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12