Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,143

2 members and 3,141 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Boaphile racks

Thanks

Boaphile racks

I was planning on building an XPVC rack when i found and bought 4 boaphile racks with a herpstat2 for $600. 2 are 6 drawer 32qt racks and 2 4 drawer 41 qt racks with heat and some tubs. Cant pass up a deal like that. Now I have two questions. One is probe placement. The only hole on the back panel is on the bottom. Should I leave the probe on the bottom shelf or drill a hole and move it to the middle. It seems right now the flexwatt is heating evenly as I have thermometer probes on the 2nd and 4th shelf and all are within 1 degree of the herpstat. I only have one of the racks up and running but the other 32qt rack has a broken back panel. I didn't notice it till I got home with it. It not bad but it needs to be fixed. What is the best way to fix the pvc that boaphile uses? PVC cement or a plastic epoxy? Im just starting with expanding my collection. I've had a single normal for 5 years and just now starting to expanded my collection. Here is the beginning of my set up. Ignore my wife's stuff on the floor, lol, I'm slowly taking over the walk in closet.

Thanks
    How bad is the back panel broke? If it is just cosmetic I would not even worry about it. If its cracked and you need to fix that use super glue..will chem weld / chem bond xpvc. By the way nice pickup!

I Gots Me Some Snakes...