Hey guys, just wanted to share an experience I had last night. I was over a t friend's place and he was going to feed his bp. He eats medium rats, and he always uses the blunt force method to kill the rats.

Unfortunately, those people who have a snake that generally take an extended period of time to eat, I'm sure you have observed the "rat come back to life" and found that your blunt force method has only knocked the rat out. I feel that this is very inhumane, and the rat suffers considerably in its last few moments of life.

Thinking fast for the rats sake, I decided to employ a method that I had read about somewhere online. It entails placing the handle of a wooden spoon or similar long, rod type object at the base of the rats skull on its neck. You almost "pin" down the rat this way. Hold the spoon on a flat surface (think: see-saw, with the rats neck being the pivot point.) Hold on side down, and and strike the opposite side of it very hard and very fast.

I did this last night and the rat twitched for just a few seconds and then stopped breathing and was dead pretty instantly. Seems like possibly the #2 humane method to put them down, with the CO2 method being at the top of the list.

Let me know what y'all think.