Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,341

0 members and 3,341 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Want to learn.

Thanks

Want to learn.

So I want to learn how to handle venomous, I was wondering if anyone knew someone around the tri-city area in Michigan that had many years of keeping venomous. Even if it's a breeder of love if you could help.

0.1.0 Nbp, 0.1.0 blotched king.

Thanks

Re: Want to learn.

I'm no expert, so you don't have to take my advice too seriously. I believe snakes are some of the most fascinating predators evolution has to offer, but if you keep deadly snakes in you're home than you're either a snake whisperer or you're not giving them the respect they deserve. Not only are they a danger to yourself, but EVERYONE within slithering distance. Let's say you know a guy who knows a girl who knows a shady back alley dealer who has pockets full of south American vipers. You or someone you know gets tagged, and guess what it wasn't a dry bite. So you call 911 and they say "sorry we only keep antivenin for local snakes... Click" then you're in for a rough oh, let's say 30 minutes.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheSun View Post
    I'm no expert, so you don't have to take my advice too seriously. I believe snakes are some of the most fascinating predators evolution has to offer, but if you keep deadly snakes in you're home than you're either a snake whisperer or you're not giving them the respect they deserve. Not only are they a danger to yourself, but EVERYONE within slithering distance. Let's say you know a guy who knows a girl who knows a shady back alley dealer who has pockets full of south American vipers. You or someone you know gets tagged, and guess what it wasn't a dry bite. So you call 911 and they say "sorry we only keep antivenin for local snakes... Click" then you're in for a rough oh, let's say 30 minutes.

What does this have to do with ANYTHING in the OP's statement of looking for people to help him learn/gain experience in handling hots? Give him some credit...it may not suit your fancy (nor do his life choices affect you in ANYWAY I assume?) but at least he is looking for knowledge and experience first as opposed to going into some "shady back alley" dealer and buying the snakes without the proper knowledge and experience.
    1.1 Pinstripe - Orion/Eos
    1.1 Lessers - Typhon/Kali
    0.2 Dinkers - Stella & Wildfire
    1.0 Desert - No Name
    1.0 Het Red Axanthic - No name
    0.1 Woma- Cayenne
    0.1 Cinnamon- Nutmeg
    2.1 Mojave- No names
    1.0 Mystic- No Name
    0.1 Mahagony- No Name
    1.0 Black Pastel- No Name
    1.0 SD Tiger Retic- Thor
    0.0.1 Green Tree Python (Apollo)
    0.2 Labs- Daisy & Ruby

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OsirisRa32 For This Useful Post:

pjvo (07-15-2014)

Thanks

There is truth in your words, while my personal opinion is that venomous reptiles are best left alone by most keepers that doesn't mean it shouldn't or won't happen. While I was only trying to implore the seriousness of the hazard venomous keepers face every day perhaps it came across more rudely than I intended.