Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,288

1 members and 3,287 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

Just a little frustrated...

Okay, well I'm really excited about purchasing our chacoan tegu, which we are due to receive this Thursday.

What I'm not so happy about is the lack of customer service from the breeder, especially once the purchase was made. It's very disappointing when the only time my emails were returned was when I sent an email stating I wanted to buy a tegu and when I sent the money for our tegu.

I sent emails with questions such as: do you know what gender tegu we are getting ? Or would you be able to send pics of the tegu we are buying? I sent other emails as well with no response. It's funny how certain emails were responded to immediately (such as purchasing) and others were not. I don't know, maybe I'm not realistic and expect too much? Who knows??? All I know is once I receive my tegu and my tegu is hopefully in good health, I will express my disappointment to the breeder for her lack of support and customer service.

I'm not sure if I would recommend her based on the inconsistent lack of communication. I'm pretty disappointed. :-(
    Last edited by Monkey girl; 03-30-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    Snakes:
    0.1 Albino BP (LuLu)
    1.0 Mojave BP (Storm)

Lizards:
    0.1 Argentine Peach Tegu (Baby)
    0.1 Argentine Red Tegu (Ginger)
    1.0 Savannah Monitor (Romeo)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Sophie)
    1.0 Veiled Chameleon (Pedro)
    1.0 Basilisk (Waldo)
    0.1 Leopard Gecko (Mary-Ann)
    1.1 Leopard Blizzard Gecko (DQ & Peanut)
    1.2 Crested Geckos (TBA)
    1.0 Frog Gecko (TBA)

Miscellaneous:
    1.0 Rose Hair Tarantula (Ross)
    1.0 Golden Retreiver (Captain)
    0.1 Presa Canario (Morgan)
    1.0 Bluenose Pitbull (Carson)

Thanks

Re: Just a little frustrated...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey girl View Post
    Okay, well I'm really excited about purchasing our chacoan tegu, which we are due to receive this Thursday.

What I'm not so happy about is the lack of customer service from the breeder, especially once the purchase was made. It's very disappointing when the only time my emails were returned was when I sent an email stating I wanted to buy a tegu and when I sent the money for our tegu.

I sent emails with questions such as: do you know what gender tegu we are getting ? Or would you be able to send pics of the tegu we are buying? I sent other emails as well with no response. It's funny how certain emails were responded to immediately (such as purchasing) and others were not. I don't know, maybe I'm not realistic and expect too much? Who knows??? All I know is once I receive my tegu and my tegu is hopefully in good health, I will express my disappointment to the breeder for her lack of support and customer service.

I'm not sure if I would recommend her based on the inconsistent lack of communication. I'm pretty disappointed. :-(
    I had the same problem with my SD retic...really well known breeder...almost impossible to get a hold of or hear back from on a consistent and timely manner...than again I kinda screwed the pooch on the original agreed upon animal due to work/school/several family emergencies...once the snake arrived... I sent the breeder a quick FB message with 2 last questions I had forgotten to ask and never heard back...been like 6 months now too...
    1.1 Pinstripe - Orion/Eos
    1.1 Lessers - Typhon/Kali
    0.2 Dinkers - Stella & Wildfire
    1.0 Desert - No Name
    1.0 Het Red Axanthic - No name
    0.1 Woma- Cayenne
    0.1 Cinnamon- Nutmeg
    2.1 Mojave- No names
    1.0 Mystic- No Name
    0.1 Mahagony- No Name
    1.0 Black Pastel- No Name
    1.0 SD Tiger Retic- Thor
    0.0.1 Green Tree Python (Apollo)
    0.2 Labs- Daisy & Ruby

Thanks

Ya that's pretty annoying! I really hate dealing with any purchases online because of this it seems like customer service has gone by the wayside...I got my B&W from a local shop so I got to handle it and check sex before I bought it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jclaiborne; 03-31-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks
    I agree it's annoying, but since we don't know them personally (hopefully) we can't be the ones to judge to far since there's no idea of how busy this person actually is. If I were you I'd just compile my questions then send them all over in one email instead of various emails, then you know that if they are busy and hopefully not ignoring anyone, then they can knock them out at one time.

Thanks

Its true you don't know how busy they are, however if your business is breeding and you run that business solely online then your correspondence needs to be top notch. Everyone is busy but it just frustrating that once they get the money they stop responding.

SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jclaiborne For This Useful Post:

Divinity (03-31-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    Its true you don't know how busy they are, however if your business is breeding and you run that business solely online then your correspondence needs to be top notch. Everyone is busy but it just frustrating that once they get the money they stop responding.

Yes, that's exactly it. The thing is, I wouldn't be sending so many emails if she would have just answered me initially. The only reason there were multiple emails is because she wouldn't answer the originals.

I have just given up now. I suppose my next correspondence with her is when she sends me the tracking number and most likely none of the questions will be answered in that email either. Oh well. I just want my tegu After this, if I ever decide to get another tegu I will not go through her, nor will I recommend her to any one. Hopefully the lack of communication has nothing to do with the quality of tegu I receive!
    Snakes:
    0.1 Albino BP (LuLu)
    1.0 Mojave BP (Storm)

Lizards:
    1.0 Basilisk (Waldo)
    1.2 Crested Geckos (TBA)
    1.0 Frog Gecko (TBA)

Miscellaneous:

Thanks

Well be sure to post pics when you get the little one! I plan on starting my ongoing tegu update thread next week feel free to post updates on it...since there aren't too many tegu people on here it would be cool to just have one long string of everything tegu from cages to pics etc

SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    FROGS
    DOGS

Thanks
    Well I just wanted to add a comment to this tread about "customer service from a breeder". There are some bad ones, but a lot of good ones! I have ordered a few Balls from breeders on this forum and I was told by them if I have any questions to feel free to call them. I have called them a few times for just about anything and have had MANY questions answered even if it wasnt about the Ball I bought from them. I would recommend these breeders to any and everyone to buy from them!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~ROACH ~~~~~
    1.0 Normal
    1.1 Piebald
    1.0 Banana
    0.1 100% Het Piebald
    1.1 Het Lavender Albino
    1.0 Lesser
    0.1 Killer Bee
    0.1 Spider
    1.1 Pastel
    0.1 Butter Bee
    1.1 Mojave
    1.0 Black Pastel 100% Het Piebald
    1.0 Fire
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Lesser Bee
    0.1 Super Pastel
    0.1 Cinnamon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
    Well I just wanted to add a comment to this tread about "customer service from a breeder". There are some bad ones, but a lot of good ones! I have ordered a few Balls from breeders on this forum and I was told by them if I have any questions to feel free to call them. I have called them a few times for just about anything and have had MANY questions answered even if it wasnt about the Ball I bought from them. I would recommend these breeders to any and everyone to buy from them!!!!!!!!!
    I absolutely agree that there are more good breeders than not.

For example: Johnny LaRocca from Tegu Terra, in the US, is an excellent breeder of tegus. Actually, I decided to send him an email (since I was getting no where with my breeder) with some questions regarding my tegu's enclosure. I wanted to make sure I was on the right track, and setting up the enclosure correctly. Johhny got back to me within half a day with answers, as well as offering me to contact him for any additional information, or any concerns I may have. He is a prime example of a great breeder and excellent customer service!

I also, have/had great experience with BP breeders taking time to discuss and answer any questions I might have regarding my BPs. Some of them, I didn't even purchase from, the breeders were more then happy to provide information for the well being and outcome of any snakes not just theirs. These are breeders truly dedicated to improving the species by sharing information.

So, yes, I completely agree with you regarding excellent breeders!

I'm just frustrated with the breeder I decided to go with (my tegu is due to be shipped tomorrow and I STILL haven't heard any thing from the breeder). I suppose I will receive a tracking number by email sometime tomorrow. I am leery to complain to this breeder until I receive my tegu. After I receive my tegu I intend to do something about it (not that it will probably matter but at least I can try).

I just have NEVER received such terrible customer service before. I feel like a sold my soul for my tegu...lol.

So, anyhow, my rant is over and now I look forward to my little tegu on Thursday!!! Hopefully, Thursday will be a great day!!
    Snakes:
    0.1 Albino BP (LuLu)
    1.0 Mojave BP (Storm)

Lizards:
    1.0 Basilisk (Waldo)
    1.2 Crested Geckos (TBA)
    1.0 Frog Gecko (TBA)

Miscellaneous: