Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,177

1 members and 3,176 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicaraguan Boa

Thanks

Nicaraguan Boa

My local snake shop has a Nic. Boa that is aporx. 4 foot now they have had it stock for over 18 months but my area this store isn't to popular i have seen the snakes there for months, I made a deal with the owner i would pay 50 for snake that was listed at 200 because it is in a 10 gallon and i feel terrible for the baby whenever i go to pick up live food this is the place i go and thats what the store is mainly for live food how can you beat a .50 cent mouse or 75 cent small rat they make all business in feeders. Ok that being said i have ball pythons and i have done a lot of research on boas. So far my conclusions is ambient temp from 74-80 hot spot 90. Humidity 50-60%. I have a free 55 gallon in my house should i move straight to that? Or should i pick up the 30gallon they offered me for 20$ used no screen top so i will pay another 15$ for it. At home i already have a big water bowl , reptibark bedding, thermostat, digital thermometer and humidity gauge. I am buying a new hide for the hot spot but for the cool side i will make a humid hide for the boa. Well so basically what i am asking is it worth it to purchase another 30g and then move it to the bigger tank? (if so thats good bc then down the road ill have a free 30g for another snake lol) and am i correct with humidity and temps? and any other suggestion? So excited to bring this guy home been playing with him every time i go to the store for food the snake is docile love it so much such a puppy. I also feel terrible as they only feed 1 adult mouse a week, so when i put deposit down i bought it a baby bunny perfect size for it and he took it down with no problems.. I was surprised by the feeding response on new food, bc my ball pythons even if the mouse or rat is from a different store they are picky with it
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Piebald, 1.0 Barnhart Line Pewter, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Pastel ???,
    0.1 Butter Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 1.0 Pastel Het Orange Ghost, 0.1 Normal

Reticulated Python: 1.0 Tiger het albino

Kingsnake: 0.1 Albino Vertical Stripe

Boas: 0.1 Motley Nicaraguan Boa, 1.0 Colombian Boa

Thanks
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated … I pick this guy up on friday the picture of me in my profile picture is with this snake over 6 months ago my how he has grown looking at that picture ...
    Ball Pythons: 0.1 Piebald, 1.0 Barnhart Line Pewter, 1.0 Pastel, 1.0 Pastel ???,

Thanks
    gratz man. i just got one too and what im doing is keeping her like a ball python pretty much with more room and feed her meals that dont leave a noticeable lump like you do balls every 10 day cause shes a baby and will go to 14 days at a year. you could feed this one every 2 to 3 weeks from what ive learned since shes older. its kinda hard to see her in your avatar pic so need some new pics asap .

Thanks

Re: Nicaraguan Boa

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyShuttle View Post
    gratz man. i just got one too and what im doing is keeping her like a ball python pretty much with more room and feed her meals that dont leave a noticeable lump like you do balls every 10 day cause shes a baby and will go to 14 days at a year. you could feed this one every 2 to 3 weeks from what ive learned since shes older. its kinda hard to see her in your avatar pic so need some new pics asap .
    When i pick her up friday pictures well be up for sure … never had this problem of wanting a snake and not buying it on impulse but the store wanted a deposit (like she would sell really , i been going so long no one even takes her out besides employees and me) I had only $40 on me so i paid for the snake well almost 9 short lmao and the rest of the things i will pay for friday, I can prob. get her earlier i am just waiting for the thermostat i ordered to come in mail, why pay $50 at store when i pay $30 online lmao it says it will be here thursday but i get off work and they are closed
    Last edited by ZacharyPoller; 03-17-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks

She is also a motley, so super motley's will be coming in a few years.. i love them all black

Thanks
    Thanked 9,868 Times in 4,781 Posts
    I would just use the 55-gal tank and make sure there are plenty of hides. My boas are typically more active than my BP's and will make use of the space - including vertical space - that they are given.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    I would just use the 55-gal tank and make sure there are plenty of hides. My boas are typically more active than my BP's and will make use of the space - including vertical space - that they are given.
    Awesome thanks I am going to buy the 30 anyway and pick up the Columbian there which is a lot smaller but I will get a 55-70 down the road for it and I will fill the 30 with my pied female when she is bigger then I will use her 20 long for a new breed him maybe kingsnake or something idk I got this all planned out

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I love the Nicaraguans attitude he is so huffy and puffy just spot cleaning I got so many hisses he thinks he is so tough I love it .. I love the attitude

Account Disabled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyPoller View Post
    She is also a motley, so super motley's will be coming in a few years.. i love them all black
    I thought super motleys never made it much past two years.

Thanks

It'd what I been reading so not worth it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast