Quick update on Figment.

First, he is doing fine and I did not feed yesterday. He is still mellow and docile, as always. I think switching to every two weeks is better for him and there will be no ill effects behavior wise, as predicted (and I have seen with my other snakes when they went to longer feeding schedules).

Secondly, I noticed he had been really active the past few days. Up during the day, slithering around, etc. That's not like him.

I admit, now that my setup is dialed in, I check temps every couple of days with the temp gun, and rely on the thermostats, or behavior, to tell me if something is amiss. The probes are in the same spots and I haven't had to adjust a thermostat in a few weeks or more.

Well, it warmed up a couple degrees downstairs where I keep the snakes, and all the other tanks are still spot on. However, Figments hot side went to 88F, from about 85-86F. It's a big tank (6X2') and his cool spot was still about 77F, but the ambient was a degree or two warmer as well (from 77-79F to 79-81F).

I will see if his behavior changes, and if he's just looking for food, but I did adjust the thermostat down a little bit.

I think this goes to show that corn snakes really do not like hot temps too much.

I had been maintaining at 85-86F hot side, 77F ambient, and 77F cool side, with good results. Again, really big tank, so he can pick where in the temp gradient he wants to be.

Again, nothing dangerous, but he prefers the cooler temps, and I was due to check all the tanks with the temp gun, so it worked out.

I will, of course, be checking the temps several times a day until they are stable again.