Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,853

1 members and 2,852 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered User Seemingly_Harmless's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well.. I've seen people have snakes and cats get along ...
    Honestly I was more curious about other people's opinions really than actually considering doing it though.
    What I was thinking is maybe there's some kind of secret to having a pet like a cat get along with a snake and someone would have the answer.. I guess that's pretty messed up, huh?
    Last edited by Seemingly_Harmless; 03-08-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks
    Snakes don't even care that much for bonding with their own species unless it's mating season, much less a cat. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to handle the BP when the cat is around; I do it all the time, I just make sure my furry pets are in another room and close the door.

As for the rubbing and staring; both are probably signs that the cat is interested in chewing on the snake. But neither matter so long as there's no way for the cat to get in the tank, and the snake has a place to hide and feel safe.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis,
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Litorea caerulea
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi

Thanks

Re: Snake .... and cat?

Quote Originally Posted by Seemingly_Harmless View Post
    What I was thinking is maybe there's some kind of secret to having a pet like a cat get along with a snake
    The snakes aren't hungry, and the cats haven't realized they can play with the snake
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis,
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Litorea caerulea
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seemingly_Harmless View Post
    I was thinking is maybe there's some kind of secret to having a pet like a cat get along with a snake and someone would have the answer..
    One time on Sabrina The Teenaged Witch, Sabrina recited an incantation that made her cat, Salem, get along with everyone! Now where did I put that book of spells? I know it's around here somewhere...Books of Souls, not that one...Book of the Dead, nope...Oh, here it is. You just have to wave your wand (you do have a wand, right?), click your heels together three times, and say Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

Registered User Seemingly_Harmless's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    One time on Sabrina The Teenaged Witch, Sabrina recited an incantation that made her cat, Salem, get along with everyone! Now where did I put that book of spells? I know it's around here somewhere...Books of Souls, not that one...Book of the Dead, nope...Oh, here it is. You just have to wave your wand (you do have a wand, right?), click your heels together three times, and say Bibbity, Bobbity, Boo.
    lolol if only.

Thanks

I've had cats all my life. They eat snakes. My cat I have now knows not to get too close to my pet snakes. Yes I will admit I've thumped her on the back of the head a couple times to get her to back off. Cats don't think like you do. They don't associate a pet snake with a wild on they're allowed to kill. They smell snake and think "oh a new toy" or if it's a fat cat "oh lunch". My cat will lay beside me while I hold my snakes but she knows not to have any goes at them because I will thump her on the back of the head. She's 6 yrs and has been around my girl since she was 2. Seeing as this is not your cat I wouldn't let her around your snake. My cat knows if it has my scent on it its mine not hers. 7 yr old cats can still move fast as lightning., and it only takes 1 second for you her or your snake to get hurt. The staring contest I wouldn't worry about because your snake iis safe inside his enclosure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantomtip For This Useful Post:

CrystalRose (03-10-2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12