Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,368

0 members and 3,368 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
    Thanks
    Arrrrgh, we have fleas in our house. I think we picked them up from my boyfriend, who works in a job where he visits many different peoples' houses in a daily basis. I have gotten bitten a few times, and it is horrible to go to bed knowing that you'll be flea stew overnight.
    I have tried bombing our house, last week, but more fleas have appeared. I have resorted to giving poor Inky the kitty a bath every night or so. I honestly think that I am getting bit more than he is.
    It's not like there are trillions of the things, but there are enough to completely disgusat me and make me want to sleep in the car (but hell, there are prolly a few in there too, aaaargh.) Can anyone offer some help?
    I did order some Advantage flea stuff and it's ciming in the mail next week. Anyone use that?
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    i have had problems numerous times with fleas. my dog is really allergic to them, and his hair falls out. all we ever did is give him a flea bath and we kept spraying him with this flea spray until the fleas were gone
    ~Jason~

0.1 BCI-Adrian
    1.0 Burm-Homer
    1.0 Tiger Retic-Buster
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "If you give up before you try, then you never really wanted it in the first place."
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v708/BCImperator11/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i use frontline, and that works like a charm for me. my fiance and i, and the cat were all getting bitten, thanks to our neighbor's dog. :x you get one flea ridden animal in one apartment in the building and that's all it takes. it took about a month to completely get rid of the fleas once i started using the frontline on the kitty, but there was a definite decrease early on. it takes a while because the fleas have to jump onto the cat to get the frontline on them before they die. but it works really well.
    - Emily

Thanks
    Advantage doesn't last as long as Frontline. And you can bathe them with the Frontline on and it doesn't wash off since it's stored in the hair follicles. Consider buying some Frontline. It's cheaper online, $30 or so for a 3 month supply.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    maybe put a few flea collars in your bed with you ?? haha i dunno, it might work !!
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    when we moved out of a house in Stone Mountain, my white socks had little black things all over them that i later itchily found out were fleas. i was bitten by one today. seven times. ugh.

Thanks
    Yuk, that's how it got to be in our bedroom. I got the Advantage for my cat, and honestly in a few days I had no more bites. I started using it three weeks ago and just reapplied it, and have seen NO fleas since!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    All that stuff is good, but how does one get fleas out fo the house? All that stuff is to get them off the pets, but the fleas lay egss in the carpet and such, and those hatch and make fleas, whcih bite the humans and so on. How does one make it end?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    advantage and frontline get rid of fleas in your entire house. the fleas will at some point jump onto your animal and get the product on them and die. these products also kill flea eggs. it may take a few days to a few weeks for all of the fleas and eggs in your house to come in contact with the stuff, depending on how bad of an infestation you have, but eventually they will all die off.
    - Emily

Thanks
    good luck then, that didn't work for us at all as the fleas did not jump onto our dog in mass but instead bit on us and layed eggs all in the carpet and couch. The young ones live off of fecal matter form the old ones so they come out in waves. it took forever to get rid of them. Multiple bombings and draino in the tub from when we gave the dog a bath and he has fleas. They are stubborn little tirds