Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,385

0 members and 3,385 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Any football (Soccer) fans around here?

I have seen the thread allowing you to show your colours in terms of NFL, but anyone here follow the English football? Premier league, MLS, La Liga, Bundesliga?!

I for one support the mighty Queens Park Rangers hailing from Hammersmith, West London. Bitter rivals include Chelsea, Brentford and Fulham! Of late we have had zero success, our best striker and 2 best midfielders are out for the rest of the season and we are sinking like a stone! The joys of being an R's fan!

Tell me yours
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I own:
    1.0 Reduced Normal Ball Python [Peter]
    0.1 Harlequin Crestie [Amelia]

The other half owns:
    1.0 Orange Dalmatian Crestie [Archie]
    0.1 Golden Dalmatian Crestie [Banana]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Hey George! I'm in the Seattle, WA area and my team is the Seattle Sounder FC. I've played soccer at the highest levels when I was younger and followed it pretty closely. I used to be an obsessive EPL fan but don't follow it nearly as much as I used to. I catch a game here and there along with some La Liga matches. We're getting ready for our season to crack off on March 8th! We're season ticket holders and soccer time of year is my favorite

Best Regards,

B

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simple Man For This Useful Post:

George1994 (02-24-2014)

Thanks

Re: Any football (Soccer) fans around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Hey George! I'm in the Seattle, WA area and my team is the Seattle Sounder FC. I've played soccer at the highest levels when I was younger and followed it pretty closely. I used to be an obsessive EPL fan but don't follow it nearly as much as I used to. I catch a game here and there along with some La Liga matches. We're getting ready for our season to crack off on March 8th! We're season ticket holders and soccer time of year is my favorite

Best Regards,

B
    Good stuff! How you enjoying Clint Dempsey? I used to love watching him at Fulham, although he seemed to lose his way a bit at spurs... You should get back into the EPL, this has been a very interesting year. Fergie left Man United, and they are playing pretty poor football and are under pressure. Manchester City have one of the best attacking line ups ever seen in football! Arsenal and Livepool both going strong, with Chelsea playing typical boring Mourinho football. Title race is hot and the bottom 10 are seperated by only a few points! Great year What with QPR in the divison below, none of this matters to me haha!

nice to see you are showing strong support though, enjoy the upcoming season
    I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts
    I know nothing about soccer teams or players really
    Jeff Bernard

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boanerges For This Useful Post:

George1994 (02-24-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Gunner here!!! But, in the MLS I've followed D.C. United since the opening season of the League. Looking forward to the Orlando club starting play in 2015 since they will right down the road from me.

Personally I played in high school and for the Air Force for a couple seasons. I played adult league soccer until just a couple years ago. Not as young as I used to be LOL.
    Thomas "Slim" Whitman
    Never Met A Ball Python I Didn't Like

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Slim For This Useful Post:

George1994 (02-24-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Gunner here!!! But, in the MLS I've followed D.C. United since the opening season of the League. Looking forward to the Orlando club starting play in 2015 since they will right down the road from me.

Personally I played in high school and for the Air Force for a couple seasons. I played adult league soccer until just a couple years ago. Not as young as I used to be LOL.
    We have a gooner in our midst... I am loving the following that football is gather in the states. I feel it can push the game forward, more teams and more leagues can't be a bad thing! I personally haven't played at high level, just played for my school really. It is a great game to play though, very fast paced
    I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boanerges View Post
    I know nothing about soccer teams or players really
    Ahh man, you should get into it Great year, world cup in Brazil, that will be a spectacle... Provided the stadiums are built on time...
    I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by George1994 View Post
    Good stuff! How you enjoying Clint Dempsey? I used to love watching him at Fulham, although he seemed to lose his way a bit at spurs... You should get back into the EPL, this has been a very interesting year. Fergie left Man United, and they are playing pretty poor football and are under pressure. Manchester City have one of the best attacking line ups ever seen in football! Arsenal and Livepool both going strong, with Chelsea playing typical boring Mourinho football. Title race is hot and the bottom 10 are seperated by only a few points! Great year What with QPR in the divison below, none of this matters to me haha!

nice to see you are showing strong support though, enjoy the upcoming season
    Man U's fall apart has been pretty bad. Crazy for a team that has dominated for years. I got to watch Liverpool v. Swansea last night. Crazy goal scoring. I enjoy watching the EPL. The level of play is mostly unmatched anywhere in the world.

Dempsey is on another level for most in the MLS league. We also picked up Obafemi Martins last year who is an incredible Nigerian striker who played in the EPL earlier in his career. We've had some major roster churn this year. We've been in the playoffs every year but been unable to hoist the MLS cup yet. There's rumors that we're going to get Didier Drogba when the Turkish league is over this summer. Hopefully we can match the Seattle Seahawks Superbowl success and get the MLS Cup!

Regards,

B

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Man U's fall apart has been pretty bad. Crazy for a team that has dominated for years. I got to watch Liverpool v. Swansea last night. Crazy goal scoring. I enjoy watching the EPL. The level of play is mostly unmatched anywhere in the world.

Dempsey is on another level for most in the MLS league. We also picked up Obafemi Martins last year who is an incredible Nigerian striker who played in the EPL earlier in his career. We've had some major roster churn this year. We've been in the playoffs every year but been unable to hoist the MLS cup yet. There's rumors that we're going to get Didier Drogba when the Turkish league is over this summer. Hopefully we can match the Seattle Seahawks Superbowl success and get the MLS Cup!

Regards,

B
    Yeah the Prem is definitely something special. I had the pleasure of watching QPR play in the prem for 2 years... Got devastated week in, week out haha!

Dempsey is a great player, I was shocked when Fulham let him go to Spurs, I'd of done anything to keep him. If he was in their squad now, I don't think they would be in the struggle they are in currently. Any team would be blessed to have Drogba, the man is a beast. So powerful, quick feet, good in the air! You don't get much better than him in my opinion. 13 goals in 32 games at Galatasaray. 100 in 226 at Chelsea. Not numbers to sniff at.
    I own:

The other half owns:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to George1994 For This Useful Post:

Simple Man (02-24-2014)

Thanks
    And another terrible result for Man United... This is brilliant, the season couldn't get any better! Any United fans hanging about? Let us know what you think of the team and Moyes this year!
    I own:

The other half owns:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast